Author Topic: Is Siamesedream running the board?  (Read 27507 times)

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
Re: Is Siamesedream running the board?
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »
I picked up a ginger and cayenne kombucha today (the supermarket had a huge display of some wild flavors this morning). Will report back on its zing! I would’ve tried it today, but between baseball, work, and running, then an early departure, I missed my “I want a drink” hour. :D

Yes, I want a full 'bucha report!

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2019, 06:11:52 PM »
Yes, I want a full 'bucha report!
I should start a perpetual kombucha thread. I bet it’d draw in new posters! The CH has devolved to perpetual everything—nothing new to be discussed—this’ll draw in fresh specimens o humanity! :D

I also have a pink lady apple flavored ‘bucha and a pineapple one.

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »
I should start a perpetual kombucha thread. I bet it’d draw in new posters! The CH has devolved to perpetual everything—nothing new to be discussed—this’ll draw in fresh specimens o humanity! :D

I also have a pink lady apple flavored ‘bucha and a pineapple one.

No rules in this thread.😉

I'd try the pink lady.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
No rules in this thread.😉

I'd try the pink lady.
No rules? It’s the Outback Steakhouse of threads! 😂

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »
No rules? It’s the Outback Steakhouse of threads! 😂
:D
Just right! I'll have the walleby blooming bucha.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2019, 03:02:33 PM »
Board (CH...open pub just...is) more boring than ever. :(

NYT article about whether bucha is beneficial! (Read it pre race this am, too lazy to find it now.) Thing is, if you’re hoping for a superfood, ye’ll prolly be disappointed, but if AF alternative drinks are what ye seek (without going cutesy mocktails), it’s aight if you dig the flavor.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »
Remember when the CH used to be entertaining and lively? Them was good days!

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Remember when the CH used to be entertaining and lively? Them was good days!

I wonder how many people were online at any give time in ye olde CH? 100, 200? You could log on at 11 pm at night and the board would be packed.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
I wonder how many people were online at any give time in ye olde CH? 100, 200? You could log on at 11 pm at night and the board would be packed.
I wonder what the turning point was? I mean, by the time I started posting regularly in 2013 or ‘14, Facebook was already a fully established thing, so it’s not like “everyone just went to FB” is a legit claim. Was it Election ‘16-related Internet Outrage, or did the general mood begin to sour prior to that? Who knows. Maybe everyone just got old and boring. :D

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
I wonder what the turning point was? I mean, by the time I started posting regularly in 2013 or ‘14, Facebook was already a fully established thing, so it’s not like “everyone just went to FB” is a legit claim. Was it Election ‘16-related Internet Outrage, or did the general mood begin to sour prior to that? Who knows. Maybe everyone just got old and boring. :D

Time for bid whist and bingo!

I don't think Yammering was ever as crowded as ye olde. The turning point here was probably the election, but from 2013 to 2016, it was already thinning down population-wise.

Ye olde was lightening in a bottle. Internet message boards had a novelty appeal at the turn of the century, it was bound to wear off, but ye olde died before that could happen.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »
Time for bid whist and bingo!

I don't think Yammering was ever as crowded as ye olde. The turning point here was probably the election, but from 2013 to 2016, it was already thinning down population-wise.

Ye olde was lightening in a bottle. Internet message boards had a novelty appeal at the turn of the century, it was bound to wear off, but ye olde died before that could happen.
Welp, there’s your answer with your pining for the old days.

But specifically here, there was a lightness—heck, peeps could make jokes instead of disappointed head-shaking in a thread about a 12-yr bday party at Hooters. Now, IAP gets run outta town for some rigid thinking around (not) tipping.  When did that change? Was it a Buddha-like awakening, or self-important wokeness that suffused teh CHommunity? Genuinely curious.

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2019, 05:42:11 PM »
Welp, there’s your answer with your pining for the old days.

But specifically here, there was a lightness—heck, peeps could make jokes instead of disappointed head-shaking in a thread about a 12-yr bday party at Hooters. Now, IAP gets run outta town for some rigid thinking around (not) tipping.  When did that change? Was it a Buddha-like awakening, or self-important wokeness that suffused teh CHommunity? Genuinely curious.

Fall of 2016, many assholes here. And it had nothing to do with politics. Or maybe politics was the excuse for assholey behavior.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2019, 05:46:02 PM »
Fall of 2016, many assholes here. And it had nothing to do with politics. Or maybe politics was the excuse for assholey behavior.
I call “before then.” But agreed on the genesis.

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2019, 05:49:41 PM »
I call “before then.” But agreed on the genesis.

A lot of people left after things started to turn sour. And those people weren't Trumpie Repubs either.

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2019, 06:08:22 PM »
A lot of people left after things started to turn sour. And those people weren't Trumpie Repubs either.
I think the “wokeness” moment started surrounding non-Trump issues, more about asserting control over the steampunk dinosaur that is this message board. I guess, if it’s important to one’s sense of self(importance)...good for them.

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »
I think the “wokeness” moment started surrounding non-Trump issues, more about asserting control over the steampunk dinosaur that is this message board. I guess, if it’s important to one’s sense of self(importance)...good for them.

:roll:

I'd agree with that.

Offline SnarlyMarly

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »

Trumpies (are there any here??) posts something infantile.  Immediate pile on.  Certain regulars troll on a regular basis. All quiet on the front.

Offline PWWP

• Borderline
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2019, 01:01:51 PM »
Trumpies (are there any here??) posts something infantile.  Immediate pile on.  Certain regulars troll on a regular basis. All quiet on the front.

If you're talking about the internet in general, I agree. A lot of people left the ch in the 6 to 12 months following the election. And they weren't Trumpies or trolls. They left because the message board is/was super toxic.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:04:17 PM by PWWP »

Offline ZyggiStarbucks

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline PWWP

• Borderline

+-SUPPORT US