Author Topic: Apple Watch/Running Apps  (Read 1945 times)

Offline korts

• The Runners
  • Aviatrix
Apple Watch/Running Apps
« on: November 11, 2019, 09:28:49 AM »
Which running apps do you who are actually running use with your Apple Watch?  Or do you use something other than an Apple Watch?

My last running GPS watch was a Garmin Forerunner 205.  I loved that thing.

I'm finally ready to start running again and I want to be able to track my running, but as you can see from my last piece of hardware, I'm not up to speed on current apps.

Thanks!
"Mass shootings are so common that the bodies are always cooling."  ~roadstrailstris, June 2016

"Korts isn't right about much and certainly not about this. She is, however, popular around here." ~Desert Tortoise, July 2009

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: Apple Watch/Running Apps
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 09:52:07 AM »
I just use the tracking app that comes with it to record my runs. It captures distance, time, heart rate, elevation, temperature, and I get a little map of my route. There might be more stuff, I’m not wearing my watch today. But it’s definitely enough data for me. I’m strictly a hobby jogger, though!!

Offline diablita

• The Runners
Re: Apple Watch/Running Apps
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:32:54 AM »
When I wore an Apple Watch I used mapmyrun.  It was slightly more accurate than the native run app on the watch.  That was the 3rd gen and I think the native app may poll as frequently now?  The data isn't quite as accurate as Garmin (for example my runs measured longer than they actually were so my pace looked faster than it was) but if you're using it for fitness and care more about relative data (increasing your runs, etc) then it's no big deal.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

+-SUPPORT US