Author Topic: Classpass Review  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Classpass Review
« on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
Classpass has come to Seattle recently. It's $99/month for as many classes as you like. You can only do 3/studio/month, however. Here, that's a little less than you'll pay for a monthly membership at the Y, and about half what you will pay for a "nice" full service gym or unlimited classes at a high-end studio that offers a single style of class (so flywheel, pilates reformer, etc).

I mostly signed up because I've been trying to do one flywheel class and one yoga class (as cross training) per week. Flywheel is about $30/ride. So, I figured that if I did 3 flywheel classes and even one other class, it was "paying" for itself.

Then I realized that it's not all classes at every studio. So, I haven't been as consistent with flywheel as I'd like (usually the 4:30 and 7:15 pm classes are included). At first this was a HUGE bummer and I considered dropping for just that reason.

Then I got overmyself and have been having fun trying all kinds of classes. I like that pretty much wherever I am in the city that day, I can find a class. This week I have a trx class, a kettlebell class, flywheel, and barre. I'll probably do another 60 minute spin class if I can get into the one I want.

I also love that I can take it with me when I travel. So, last week while I was in the bay area I did 3 barre classes and a spin class. Which is SO much more awesome than working out in the hotel facilities, esp since I can't run right now.

I think if it's your only excercise outlet and you really prefer to have a routine down, you might not love it. But, if you're a runner and tend to supplement your running with a class here and there, and you like variety/like to mix it up, you might get a lot out of it.

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
Re: Classpass Review
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
I rarely wander in here, but saw this post. We have Class Pass here as well.. I think that in order for it to make sense is that you have to be organized and almost set up a schedule for yourself to get the benefit of something like this. I think having different places to workout is the trend vs a one stop all gym. I personally have a separate yoga studio, boxing gym and a strength training gym. I also had another place that I would spin at, but that expired and I haven't renewed. I would never give up my boxing gym - even though they are offered on the class pass - because I have been a member for so long that I get an incredible deal vs what people are paying now.

Since this post is a year old - are you still using it? What do you think?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Classpass Review
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »
I ended up hurting myself running right before this post. I lumped along with cross training until may and then I had to take 6 weeks off totally. 

It sucked. Then I changed jobs and needed to adjust to my new schedule.  Then every time I would get to 5 miles, I'd get sick again and I have had a nagging cough since September. 

So, I let my class pass go in may and haven't reupped. New job makes evening workouts tough.  I've been running during the day at work then doing fitness blender workouts at home.

I like the concept though!

+-SUPPORT US