Author Topic: USATF National Masters T&F Championships cancelled  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
USATF National Masters T&F Championships cancelled
« on: March 09, 2020, 09:51:26 PM »
It didn’t exactly come out of left field, but I’m still pissed and disappointed. I trained really really hard for many months for this. I’m not one of those people who does nationals all the time, this time it really worked out well for me. I missed outdoor nationals last summer because of an injury.

It was actually the locals who pulled the plug:

Indianapolis — The 2020 USATF Masters Indoor Championships set to be held March 13-15, 2020 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana have been canceled based on the recommendation of the local organizing committee (LOC).

“Concerns over the COVID-19 virus and added risk to those over 60 years of age led to the decision to cancel the USATF Masters Indoor Championships out of an abundance of caution,” said USATF CEO Max Siegel. “We support the decision of the LOC and will continue to monitor the situation related to all other USATF events."

In a letter to its membership last week, USATF reinforced that it continues to follow guidance issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC. Please take a moment to become familiar with the WHO’s suggested safety precautions: Advice for public.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:17:09 PM by Arrojo »
Hockey sucks

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: USATF National Masters T&F Championships cancelled
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »
Currently the World Masters Athletics Toronto 2020 (WMATO2020), scheduled to take place from July 20 – August 1, 2020, is still a go, but continuing to monitor the Coronavirus situation and taking advise from Health Officials.  Right now I'm thinking it's 60-40 against the games going on.   :(
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 07:51:16 AM »
I saw that and knew you had signed up Arrojo. Sorry to hear. I have a lot of other friends who have been training for months for this event.

A couple weeks ago I bought plane ticket to Boston for 10K champs in Dedham next month. That's likely a no go. And have held off on World Masters to see what will happen there.

I don't know how all this will go, but think it will peak over the next month or two. And that's going to affect travel and events through the summer.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:47:57 AM »
Penn Relays in April are next up; I’m supposedly on a 60+ 4 x 100m relay team. I’m expecting the meet to be cancelled too.
Hockey sucks

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »
 :'(

"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

+-SUPPORT US