Author Topic: I gotta share this ITB stretch video.  (Read 2531 times)

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
I gotta share this ITB stretch video.
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »
For the past month and a half or so I've been trying to work through an IT band injury.  It would bring me to a halt at exactly one mile. I accomplished nothing treating it on my own, dry needling and being more vigilant about stretching and strengthening bought me a whopping half of a mile.  The second dry needling didn't add mileage.  So I googled and found this:
http://b-reddy.org/2012/03/04/the-best-damn-it-band-stretch-ever/
The best damn IT band stretch ever

It was the only thing that was able to re-create the pain I had been feeling, so I kept doing the stretch over the past two days until it didn't hurt anymore.

I was able to run two miles today and the knee didn't whimper at all.  Woot!

Offline caito

• The Runners
Re: I gotta share this ITB stretch video.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
Looks like a good deep stretch in the TFL, in the front of the hip.  I've read recently that's the place to hit for IT band pain relief! It's not as obvious as the usual places but good to know it's doing the trick!
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
Interesting, will try it tomorrow.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:56 PM »
meri, let me know how you like it, I'm intrigued.  It doesn't really feel like much, but it did the trick.  Amazingly.

caito- I do think it's hitting the TFL better than most, but for me it seems to be the whole shebang- if I hold the stretch and then let the toe drop, I lose the effect.  Same if I hold it and then let my abs go.  It had to be everything at once.

+-SUPPORT US