Author Topic: Banana bread recipe?  (Read 5909 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Banana bread recipe?
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:53:40 AM »
Does anyone have a really good one? I tried one last night. It was really moist but I'm sure that was due to the 1/2 cup of oil. Everytime I take a bit I get grossed out by the thought of the oil.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
Re: Banana bread recipe?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »
This is one I make so often I have it memorized.  Which is handy because people ask me for the recipe when they eat the bread  :D  I add spices and vanilla to it as recommended in the reviews. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=banana%20bread&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe&soid=sr_results_p1i4
Because PANTS

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »
Thanks! I'll check that one out.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »
I always replace oil with apple sauce.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
Does butter gross you out?  I love butter.  Oil does not bother me either.  Fat is what makes things delicious  :D
Because PANTS

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
I always replace oil with apple sauce.

Why?
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:19:39 PM »
Does anyone have a really good one? I tried one last night. It was really moist but I'm sure that was due to the 1/2 cup of oil. Everytime I take a bit I get grossed out by the thought of the oil.

You can reduce the oil amount if it's too greasy. I use butter because I get better results with it, not to mention tasty!
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 04:04:50 PM »
The guy has one that involves cream cheese. He was going to make it for my Sunday, but accidentally left his cream cheese at home.

Well, I didn't have cream cheese.  Or sour cream.  Or buttermilk. Or regular milk.   Or cream.  Or brown sugar.  So there was much searching for another recipe that would work with the ingredients we had.  (Flour, white sugar, butter, vanilla extract, baking soda, bananas, possibly salt, possibly cinnamon).

It was one of the zillion "Nana's Banana Bread" recipes.  I can't find it on my computer, but it's somewhere in my iPad history.  He subbed white sugar instead of brown sugar.  The recipe wanted 3 bananas and he had 2, so added a single serving apple sauce to make up for that.  Might have thrown in a little cinnamon.   Then had to guess cook time because I don't have baking pans so we used a muffin tin.

They were mild for banana bread, but super moist and a great vehicle for butter.  I thought it was good.  He says the recipe with the cream cheese is better though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:01:15 PM by rocketgirl »
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
Why?

Its healthier and in banana bread I prefer the taste.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »
My recipe uses butter for the fat and also has buttermilk in it.  I never have buttermilk and frequently don't have regular milk, but I keep powdered milk on hand and reconstitute it with water and a bit of lemon juice to make sour milk.  I'm not at home right now but I'll post it tomorrow or Friday.  (And don't you fear, muzicgirl, this recipe is tried and true, not like the pumpkin bread disaster)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »
I make this one ... It's so easy and no oil but there is butter... It always comes out super ,post

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/

+-SUPPORT US