Author Topic: Saturday November 12th  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Saturday November 12th
« on: November 12, 2022, 05:15:19 PM »
8K race this morning at a lakeside Conservation area about an hour southeast of Toronto. Nice cool weather, overcast around 45F. We had a 3K race first, with half an hour between races, so if you wanted, you could do both 3K & 8K. Just 8K for me today.   

Normally this race gets about 200+ entrants, but some races have yet to recover from the Covid pause and there was a popular Marathon/Half/10K/5K in this area last week, that might have a lot of runners still in recovery. 112 runners towed the line this morning for the 8K.

Two flat loops of the Conservation roads, a mix of asphalt and gravel, with a hairpin out and back section at 2K. After we settled into our paces after 3K, only had two guys pass me, then a gal at 4K. I was able to pass the gal back at 7K and then one guy with about 600 meters to go, because it looked like he could have been in my AG. Turns out I was right about him being in my AG. Beat him in by 14 seconds. Last K was at a 4:00min/km pace (race avg at 4:41) Only two of us in the AG. But I got a gold medal and coffee mug out of it. Finishing time 37:20.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 05:16:56 PM by Fast Eddie »
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

+-SUPPORT US