Forum > The Open Pub

Sportsball!

(1/6) > >>

jivan:
Fritz vs Nadal at Wimbledon was some amazing tennis! Fritz left it all on the court, but Nadal is a legend. But does he have 2 more wins in him after this match?? He’s got (what was the term used re: xero?) headboard thighs, but his legs must be tired, to say nothing of the ab strain.
I’m also happy to see Kyrgios not imploding, so I’ll be tuning in to him vs. Rafa.  :tennis:

Non-ball sports also welcome… does anyone have any love for 8x Nathan’s hot dog eating champ, Miki Sudo? What’s more American than stuffing one’s face with tube meat, as fast as one can?

Golden God:
Joey Chestnut won and then put a bop on an animal rights activist.

My record for hotdogs in one sitting is 5, at a Phillies game, when I was in my 20s and had a furnace metabolism.

radial:

--- Quote from: Golden God on July 06, 2022, 07:27:46 PM ---Joey Chestnut won and then put a bop on an animal rights activist.

My record for hotdogs in one sitting is 5, at a Phillies game, when I was in my 20s and had a furnace metabolism.

--- End quote ---

Hah, I think my record is 3.  When I was very small, one of our neighbors offered to take a bunch of us kids to a baseball game.  It was the first and only time I ever saw the Washington Senators play.  Mr. Roberts (foolishly) told us that he would buy a round of hot dogs if/whenever the Senators scored a run.  I don't know what got into them that day, but they scored 6 runs over the course of the game.  By the time we were gobbling our third round of hotdogs, Mr. Roberts was so obviously swollen with anger, that I opted for the better part of valor.  Even so, it was a long ride home from Griffith Stadium. 

jivan:

--- Quote from: Golden God on July 06, 2022, 07:27:46 PM ---Joey Chestnut won and then put a bop on an animal rights activist.

--- End quote ---
Joey Chestnut won the men’s contest! But Miki Sudo won the women’s competition. Typical. Ignore the female athletes!  :eyeroll:

I’ll see how many dogs I can down at the Trop next week! :D

jivan:

--- Quote from: radial on July 06, 2022, 08:03:29 PM ---Hah, I think my record is 3.  When I was very small, one of our neighbors offered to take a bunch of us kids to a baseball game.  It was the first and only time I ever saw the Washington Senators play.  Mr. Roberts (foolishly) told us that he would buy a round of hot dogs if/whenever the Senators scored a run.  I don't know what got into them that day, but they scored 6 runs over the course of the game.  By the time we were gobbling our third round of hotdogs, Mr. Roberts was so obviously swollen with anger, that I opted for the better part of valor.  Even so, it was a long ride home from Griffith Stadium.

--- End quote ---
One hot dog says to another, “You been to that German night club yet?” “Nah, it was too krauted.”

What happened to the proliferation of joke threads in the yammerland? Did someone object? At least 2 went *poof*.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version