Forum > The Open Pub

STRANGERTHINGSSTRANGERTHINGS!

<< < (3/6) > >>

jivan:
It was a very long episode! I’ve started reading The Talisman, because it’s a SK I’ve never read… it also is lengthy. But SK is a quick read!

Golden God:
The Duffer brothers are going to do an adaptation of the book for a miniseries. Hence the Easter egg.

I liked the book, but I didn't get around to reading it till a good while after I had started reading SK. Peter Straub collaborated on that book. Straub wrote Ghost Story and Shadow Lands. Two good horror stories.

jivan:

--- Quote from: Golden God on July 03, 2022, 05:02:49 PM ---The Duffer brothers are going to do an adaptation of the book for a miniseries. Hence the Easter egg.

--- End quote ---
I did not know that! I’m only about 10% of the way through, but it seems like a story that would be up their storytelling alley! I continue to be puzzled by SK’s insistence on the mystical older black man in his stories. But it’s good, quick reading. It’s book # 5 of the summer for me, and between trying to exercise consistently, paint everyday, learn conversational, basic Spanish, and other summertime frippery, I’m not looking for anything too heavy (I’ve got some work-related reading, too, which requires a bit more brainpower, or at least focus)

I saw somewhere that 2024 is the expected release date for season 5. Not sure if that’s legit. Maybe Trump v.2.0 or DeSantis as president will simply be the confirmation that Vecna’s long game was a winner!

Golden God:
I liked the finale, but it could have been about 40 minutes shorter and still hit all the key emotional points and plot points.

Kinda like a Stephen King book.

morefoolyou:
too early to predict that vecna /henry /one is hiding out in max?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version