Author Topic: Hey radial!  (Read 1170 times)

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
Hey radial!
« on: July 21, 2022, 05:00:52 PM »
What part of MD are you in? I’m spending a few days in Harper’s Ferry, getting dinner in Frederick tonight, visiting Antietam tomorrow. Not looking for a meet up, but offering a geographic-proximity hidey-ho!
If you don’t reply here I may have to post in the other forum, which I fear would give many the vapors or trigger them or whatever. It seems fairly peaceable there these days, so I’d rather not get em all on “outrage hair-trigger” again. :eyeroll: :D

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
Re: Hey radial!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 05:33:20 PM »
…and I can’t even, when the foremost proponent of critical thinking believes Biden was scheduled to visit a paper company in Scranton today… :roll: That’s really funny, but I fear not in an acceptable way!!

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:01:54 PM »
Oh darn, near miss :(.  I'm in Boyds, MD just 20 miles south of Frederick.  I would gladly meet up but I have to be at the airport in Baltimore tomorrow morning and won't be back in country until Saturday after next. 

What are you seeing/doing in Harpers Ferry?  I love that place, but it always gives me the shivers for some reason.  So much dark history was made there.  Where are you eating in Frederick?  Antietam is lovely, enjoy!

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »
I’m staying uphill from downtown in HF! :D
Just here as tourists. It’s gorgeous, where the Shenandoah and Potomac converge. I find John Brown a fascinating character (I’ve visited his grave in NY, and he was a Masshole for a time).  Your shivers prolly come from the train horns sounding at all hours. I’ve been awakened by the lonesome whistle every night in the 3:00 hour.

I ate at a BBQ place in Frederick—The Black Hog. I’m a sucker for BBQ.

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »
I think I still have PTSD from the "Ghost Tour of Harpers Ferry" we took years ago.  It was very well done.  Guaranteed to give you a case of the shivers.

I love the places where rivers converge.  One of the offices where I used to work was located at the confluence of the Anacostia and Potomac rivers.  I never missed an opportunity to use the word "confluence" when people asked, and sometimes even when they didn't. 

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 03:48:48 PM »
I never missed an opportunity to use the word "confluence" when people asked, and sometimes even when they didn't.
Move north! There’s a town called Confluence in PA.

Where’d you go outside the US?

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 06:48:09 AM »
I'm on a cruise ship right now docked at Livorno, a city in Tuscany  on the  Mediterranean.  We sailed up here overnight from Rome.  Over the next few days we will be sailing to various other cities in Italy, Monaco, southern France and Spain ending up in Barcelona.  It's hot here like everywhere else, but no complaints

Offline jivan

• Pubescent
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 09:05:43 PM »
So…no one in the yammerboard has razzed you about going overseas…to visit Victor Orban?? They’re losing their edge!

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
So…no one in the yammerboard has razzed you about going overseas…to visit Victor Orban?? They’re losing their edge!

Lol, don't tell anybody, but I had to look up Victor Orban.  I'm not a very good at fascism, I guess :'(

+-SUPPORT US