Author Topic: Are any of you somewhat local to Philly people jumping in the Broad St lottery  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
This year?  I made a small group.. my people and I are either all in or none in!

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
Hell no. It's too crowded to be fun.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Hell no. It's too crowded to be fun.
1! and I hate the logistics of the race.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
I especially like the looks we Runners get from the locals on the Subway on the way up to the start

"What's all these skinny White people doin' here?"

[same thing with the BF Bridge 10K as we 'invade' Camden]
the early miles, all the spectators are homeless folks. And they barely cheer at all.  :grr:
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Chasing Amy

• The Runners
Unless you are in a seeded corral, it's crowded start to finish. Most of my energy is spent trying to get around people who lined up WAY too far ahead.

This part is easy for me - I live two blocks from the Broad Street line.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
I remember the first BoMF Midnight Madness that I did in 2008, there were half a dozen or so homeless people sleeping the the alcove of the downstairs service entrance of the Art Museum, just a few hundred yards from the Finish Line

The irony was not lost on me
Another race I would never go back to. Especially after someone, DURING the race, told me that a runner was mugged on the course the year before  :panic: at midnight i came into the start/finish line and begged for a pacer, a relay runner came out for a lap with me, then i had no one and i called it quits. No way was I going back out there. There was a "safety" crew but i rarely saw them. I suggested that after a certain time (10pm or midnight) they make the course and out and back on Kelly Drive for the remainder of the race since so few runners were out after a certain time.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Are any of you somewhat local to Philly people jumping in the Broad St lottery
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 07:00:47 AM »
I've never had a problem.. We just get there super early.. Of course I've only been running it since 2010 so I know no different.. I just look at it as a celebration of the city and I've always had fun running it
I'm in by the way.. Lottery results released this morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
I hate the parking at the stadium, subway crammed like a sardine to the start line, the last time i ran it it was bad weather and i stood out in cool rain for a long time, took me about 17 minutes to cross the start line, only about 1-2 miles of the 10 miles was scenic, and at the finish they gave me Honey BBQ potato chips  :shrug: I was like, any bananas? It did NOT impress me one bit and I have no urge to ever return. There are so many races i do like that Broad Street is not on my radar, though i know everyone and their mother seems gaga for the race.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
I hate the parking at the stadium, subway crammed like a sardine to the start line, the last time i ran it it was bad weather and i stood out in cool rain for a long time, took me about 17 minutes to cross the start line, only about 1-2 miles of the 10 miles was scenic, and at the finish they gave me Honey BBQ potato chips  :shrug: I was like, any bananas? It did NOT impress me one bit and I have no urge to ever return. There are so many races i do like that Broad Street is not on my radar, though i know everyone and their mother seems gaga for the race.

Hmm.. that was completely opposite of my experience.. We have had zero issues on the subway  (except having to pee so bad I was dying)  But we get there super duper early.. the food at the finish was plentiful.. orange, banana, chips, pretzel.. hydration drink.. granted, I doubt they have a vegan, no gluten, no grain table.. but you have to figure that.. good thing everyone likes different things.. I got in and I'm excited since I didn't last year.. I may actually concede and use the BMRC bus if they have one this year, strictly for the fact that it has a toilet

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
well i ran it like 10 years ago, so maybe the food improved. When I ran it, it was only off flavor potato chips at the finish line chute, nothing else.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Ok so I'm in.. I assume rand mart anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+-SUPPORT US