Forum > The Fruit Stand (Photography)

Refuge from reality

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mrtambourineman:

--- Quote from: ZiggyStardust on November 13, 2016, 10:50:27 AM ---Salida? I was there once; it was beautiful!

I'll take Friday Harbor, WA. I love the San Juan Islands :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Wow, nice.  I live so close but have never managed to get down that way. 

ZiggyStardust:
You should! It's one of my favorite vacation spots. We may go back out that way next summer.

Crater Lake is another of my favorite places:

The Turtle Whisperer:

--- Quote from: ZiggyStardust on November 14, 2016, 11:32:42 AM ---Where is Door County? It's lovely!
--- End quote ---

Door County is east of Green Bay, Wisconsin...on it's left is Green Bay, on it's right is Lake Michigan.  Gorgeous area.

ZiggyStardust:

--- Quote from: The Turtle Whisperer on November 14, 2016, 08:16:55 PM ---Door County is east of Green Bay, Wisconsin...on it's left is Green Bay, on it's right is Lake Michigan.  Gorgeous area.

I was nearby this summer... This is on the west side of the UP just south of Copper Harbor.

--- End quote ---
Is Copper Harbor where the agate beaches are?  My luggage was weighed down with great rock specimens from the sites we visited. Back in 2002, my husband and I did a road trip around Lake Superior. By the end we were road-weary, but it was a spectacular trip! Pictured Rocks in Munising, MI, was beautiful.

I nearly moved to Duluth for grad school, eons ago, and I think I'd have been very happy in that neck o' the woods!

The Turtle Whisperer:

--- Quote from: ZiggyStardust on November 14, 2016, 08:26:05 PM ---Is Copper Harbor where the agate beaches are?

--- End quote ---

I would imagine so... there are tons of them up there. 

I will retry to post that pic.

We stayed in Duluth one night.  Very cool town.  Still, I can't imagine what the winters must be like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version