Author Topic: I got a new (to me camera)!  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Mrtambourineman

• Passed on to another Brane
I got a new (to me camera)!
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »
Hey all.  So I've been having issues with my DSLR (cannon T3) since I visited Australia in 2015/6.  It wasn't metering properly.  I eventually got decent at tricking it, but I was pretty frustrated and it took away the joy of photography for me.  I took it in to the local camera repair guy who told me I needed to send it to Toronto for an estimate.  I didn't think it was worth it for a cheap DSLR so I decided to replace it.  I used my Christmas $ to buy a used Canon T2i.  I was temped to pick up a used 40D which was the same price, but I didn't like the idea of going back to the Compact Flash Card and then I read that the T2i has the same sensor and processor as the 7D and the current T6 - pretty much a no brainer.  My local brick and mortar shop had 15% off used equipment during boxing week so I got it from them.  Only around 16K actuations - so its in really good shape.  Looking forward to taking it to DD2's next soccer game.   
I've been doing this how long?

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
Re: I got a new (to me camera)!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:54 PM »
Nice!  I've got a new camera too.  Insta360 One X.  It literally photographs everything whenever you tell it to take a picture or video.  Front, back, left, right.  Point-and shoot was pretty cool, now you don't even need to point.  I haven't had a chance to use it much, but I'm looking forward to taking the plunge into 360 image capture. 

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:14 AM »
That looks pretty amazing.  What are you going to use it to film? 

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »
That looks pretty amazing.  What are you going to use it to film?
Adventures on the electric unicycle, for starters :).

Ride the National Mall

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 11:18:12 AM »
Huh, so that's what you mean by an electric unicycle.  Not what I pictured.  So do you have a drone as well? 

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 11:43:37 AM »
Yes, but that's another story.  The drone I fly isn't all that great for shooting action scenes.  Here's the one I lust after but can't really afford...

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 12:08:06 PM »
So what is your plan for mounting the camera?  Helmet mount?  I can't see you swinging it around over your head like the models in the promo videos. 

Offline radial

• Non Sine Causa
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »
No swinging for me, at least not while balancing precariously on a single wheel going 20 mph!  I think I'll just use the selfie stick that came with the camera.  The camera is designed to make the stick disappear in the imagery it captures.  My helmet does have a camera mount, so I'll give that a try too, but I think the extra elevation on top of the stick will offer a better point of view.

Offline Mrtambourineman

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »
No swinging for me, at least not while balancing precariously on a single wheel going 20 mph!  I think I'll just use the selfie stick that came with the camera.  The camera is designed to make the stick disappear in the imagery it captures.  My helmet does have a camera mount, so I'll give that a try too, but I think the extra elevation on top of the stick will offer a better point of view.

I saw that - initially I was wondering why people were holding their hands in weird ways in the demo videos and then I saw that the selfie stick, spinny bar were being edited out. 

+-SUPPORT US