Author Topic: From the Farmer  (Read 7084 times)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: From the Farmer
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 08:43:47 PM »
It just took me 45 minutes to pick up my Biltmore Wine Club package because the Biltmore is crowded 24/7 these days and some of their roads are being worked on.  Pick up is quarterly; I'd be suuuuper frustrated if I had to do that pickup route any more frequently.  (Though the wine club allows us a free glass of wine whenever we visit, I didn't take them up on it at 11 am.)

OK, so I get my WINE club cases delivered!!!!

:roll:

Offline Rejaneration

• Passed on to another Brane
  • The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2018, 08:48:54 PM »
We have an amazing neighborhood farmers market. But, we never go.

I'm super thankful for our awesome local grocery store that supports local farmers-- even to the point of local flour and local dried beans and what not.
Same here!  I don't like the crowds.  I like the wine bar at my local grocery store!   :P
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline Rejaneration

• The Arbiter of Cool
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »
This week, I got fava beans, shisito peppers, portobellos, a boule,  blueberries,  and pattypan squash, and something else which I am forgetting!
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. -Maya Angelou

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."  St. Augustine

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »
This was tuesday's pick up which should be pretty close to mine tomorrow:

this is why i have a PARTIAL share, wtf does someone do with SIX heads of lettuce? and they are HUGE.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
Yeah we've been getting three heads and it means eating salad like it's our job!

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• has no fucks to give
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 07:01:39 AM »
It just took me 45 minutes to pick up my Biltmore Wine Club package because the Biltmore is crowded 24/7 these days and some of their roads are being worked on.  Pick up is quarterly; I'd be suuuuper frustrated if I had to do that pickup route any more frequently.  (Though the wine club allows us a free glass of wine whenever we visit, I didn't take them up on it at 11 am.)

Now this is just disappointing. 
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

+-SUPPORT US