Forum > Food

Sourdough

<< < (2/67) > >>

picote:
I am baking *real* bread for the first time ever today. I try to eat low carb, so I've resisted in the past, but with two kids and DH, I can justify a baking habit! Wish me luck.... Starting with a good jewish rye, which is hard to find here, but I can see sourdough in our future...

Do you do it all by hand, or do you use a bread machine at all?

witchypoo:
i don't use a bread machine.

i do use a stand mixer to knead dough.

picote:

--- Quote from: witchypoo on February 08, 2019, 11:42:21 AM ---i don't use a bread machine.

i do use a stand mixer to knead dough.

--- End quote ---

That’s how I plan to do the batch today, but would love to be able to convert to a bread machine and get a successful outcome. I can see it being easier to do on a regular basis if I can premix some of the dry ingredients.

diablita:
I prefer to make bread by hand.  I use the stand mixer for really wet doughs but it's not my fave.

Run Amok:

--- Quote from: picote on February 08, 2019, 12:05:36 PM ---That’s how I plan to do the batch today, but would love to be able to convert to a bread machine and get a successful outcome. I can see it being easier to do on a regular basis if I can premix some of the dry ingredients.

--- End quote ---

So, this is one of those indulgent things I do because I work from home and I can. T has very fond memories of eating rolls in germany as a kid. And  it's really hard to find decent rolls because they are super perishable.

So, I've been making this recipe because it can sit in my fridge all week and I cook off one or two rolls a day. Works out great & is very easy. The dough takes about 2 minutes to throw together and then it sits on the counter for 2 hours and then in the fridge for up to 1 week. It comes out of the fridge, proofs for 1 hour, and the bakes for 25 minutes. Timing the bake is usually the "hard" part for me.

https://blog.kingarthurflour.com/2016/12/07/no-knead-sandwich-rolls/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version