Forum > Food

A cooking experiment

(1/4) > >>

Run Amok:
Some of you have seen this on FB. But I thought it belonged here as well. Once in a while I eat something at a restaurant that I feel compelled to reproduce. A few weeks ago I had a dish of gnudi in Vancouver that were amazing. I looked up some recipes on google and, of course, got totally sucked into the process of it.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/gnudi-395072

Sunday I started making them. Cheese goes in the freezer to firm up. Then rolled into balls with a light coating of semolina. Then buried in semolina for 3 days to create its own pasta shell.

So far, they seem to be curing well. Although the recipe I am using had very mixed comments. But, the ones that were less successful seemed to be people who let them sit for less than the 3 days recommended. The ricotta I got is also very dense and was not watery at all.

Tomorrow is the big reveal. I am going to serve them with tomato sauce though because cheese balls topped with a buttery sauce is really too much for me!

BonitaApplebum:
I did see the pics, and I am very curious about the outcome!

I love reconstructing recipes from restaurants.

Dagstag v 2.0:
Gnudi pics :d

BonitaApplebum:

--- Quote from: Dagstag v 2.0 on September 27, 2016, 10:10:22 PM ---Gnudi pics :d

--- End quote ---

:roll:

ihop:
 :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version