Author Topic: Kitchenaid and cinnamon rolls  (Read 4172 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Kitchenaid and cinnamon rolls
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
I made cinnamon rolls yesterday for the first time ever, and they were so good!! I was making them for a friend, so I only had 1/2 of one to make sure it tasted ok. I need some practice but they did turn out good.
I used my stand mixer to mix and knead the dough. I use it frequently but not really heavy duty-like. I don't bake a lot of things with heavy dough like the cinnamon rolls. When it was kneading, the mixer was knocking around all over the place. I had to hold the top so it didn't slide off of the counter. Is that normal?? the top arm did seem a little wobbly or not strong, I made sure it was locked into place. I took a video of it but my internet is so slow I can't upload it right now.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
Re: Kitchenaid and cinnamon rolls
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »
I love cinnamon rolls! There's nothing better than home made ones! Hmm.. The smell in the air could temp even those who have sworn gluten and carbs for good. :drool:

Re: kitchen aid
if your dough came out nice and soft after baking them, then I think the kitchen aid action on the counter is pretty normal. I had those moments myself during my brioche-making kick a few years ago. I thought that maybe too much flour and that my dough being too dry was causing the bopping around of the machine. I was tempted to add more water in the mix but I decided not to, not knowing how it would affect the results. In the end, the dough turned out nice and soft after rising. It just needed to sit and relax.

It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
I've made them many times, never in the mixer, but with a heavy dough, yeah, that seems normal. I usually just knead by hand for cinnamon rolls. Yum.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
I agree, totally normal.  One of my favorite tricks for heavier dough when I want to walk away during the kneading: I push it way into the counter, then put a noisy thing (like a small metal bowl) in front of it.  If I hear the metal bowl hit the floor, I know I need to run to the kitchen before the mixer 'walks' off.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
Ok then that makes me feel better. I felt like it was about to fall apart or something! Good tip on the metal bowl D!
I had 11 rolls (would have had more but I need to practice rolling the dough out properly. I have 6 to friends that got in last night from the states. And 4 to my neighbor. I ate 1/2 of one and Adam had the other 1/2. Both friends loved them so I know they weren't lying when they said they were good. Lol.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »
 :drooling-5:
Because PANTS

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
they look fabulous!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
They look perfect and delish! Good job mg!
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
I think this is a reason the commercial kitchen aids are so heavy.

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
Yeah that's totally normal for my kitchen aid when making cinnamon rolls or other thick doughs. They look delicious; what recipe dod you use?
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
Thanks y'all! We are trying to eat less junk and sweets, so when I made them, I sent that pic to dh. He said "looks great, now get them out of the house". Lol.
After he saw the rave reviews from my friends who I gave them too, he asked me to make some more for a brunch we are having tomorrow. Mmm hmm.
My neighbor said she told her husband she got them from the bakery and he believed her.
I do think next time I will add a little more cream cheese, and a tiny bit less lemon juice to the frosting. I like to really taste the cream cheese in frostings.
When I made them, I rolled them and put them in the fridge so I cod bake them the next day, because it was after midnight and I was tired.

http://www.laurenslatest.com/my-cinnabon-cinnamon-rolls/

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 07:48:32 AM »
they look delicious!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

+-SUPPORT US