Author Topic: Too many cooks in the kitchen  (Read 2916 times)

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
Too many cooks in the kitchen
« on: July 01, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
That phrase rang true tonite!! I was making beef and broccoli. DH came in the kitchen no less than 10 times with his comments, additions, modifications. He wasn't DOING any of these, he was just asking me to do these things. It didn't taste as good when I was finished because he wouldn't leave me alone. The last time he came in, I told him if he came in one more time I was leaving the house. :D
Leave me alone when i'm cooking!
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
Re: Too many cooks in the kitchen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »
D'accord ! Je suis chef du cuisine !

I don't mind the help if they do as I say. If any of them try to run the show il sit back to drink wine and watch them instead.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Re: Too many cooks in the kitchen
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:57:50 PM »
D'accord ! Je suis chef du cuisine !

I don't mind the help if they do as I say. If any of them try to run the show il sit back to drink wine and watch them instead.

Ha!

I am bad for sitting in the kitchen drinking wine or whisky and telling the boyfriend what seasoning to use.  If you don't want my opinion, make a marinade decision before I get there. 

In my own kitchen, he does much of the chopping for me, and he'll man the stove if we're doing part inside and part grilling.  (I do the grilling at my house).

We do actually do pretty well cooking together in terms of "what if we try this?"  "how about that?"  "do you think this would be good?"   Sometimes we have a plan and sometimes we are just pulling random things out of the fridge and veggie bowl that must be used.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

+-SUPPORT US