Author Topic: Fall marathon plans?  (Read 28774 times)

Offline MoCo

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
  • la la la
Re: Fall marathon plans?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
I'm another one in for NYC.

eeep.
I prefer thoughtful, long form written journalism.   Or memes.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
cgraz- you should come do the water stop with us, it is an early morning, but a total blast!!! Are you doing the runners world race again? when is that? i want a free skirt.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
I am running Medoc in France in Sept and plan to run the Stone Cat trail marathon in Nov. Granted I am injured and not really running right now, but my plan is to try and keep up some semblance of cardio until I can run on pavement again without pain. Thankfully Medoc will not be a 'for time' race and I can just try and have fun, but I do need to be able to cover the distance. Stone Cat I care more about and would like to run well.

I love Baystate and ran it 4 times I think and got my BQ there in 2008 and another one in 2011 before they changed the rules. I like that it's 'show up and run' kind of race without a lot of fan fair. I get super anxious and this race doesn't make me anxious.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »
cgraz- you should come do the water stop with us, it is an early morning, but a total blast!!! Are you doing the runners world race again? when is that? i want a free skirt.

Yes you so should!  You can stay with me!  I'll probably have my daughters old bed up in the third floor by then and I don't have a definite date for the roommate moving in..

Although.. it's pretty hard to spectate from there with the bazillion runners coming through!

Offline Ileneforward

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
I am signed up for the Long Beach Marathon in October.  I have started to ramp up my mileage and start training now.   8)
@artbydmcbride

Offline mtaricani

• Turgid
  • Keep Calm And Run On
    • Old Guy Running
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »
I'm doing the Hartford Marathon for the 3rd time. I wasn't picked for NYC again. 2nd try. Last year I had skipped Hartford and ran Newport. Nice race but I missed Hartford. In December I am running the Roxbury Marathon for the 3rd time. Interesting 5 loop race in the country. Last year was a terrible snowstorm but I finished.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
I'm doing the Hartford Marathon for the 3rd time. I wasn't picked for NYC again. 2nd try. Last year I had skipped Hartford and ran Newport. Nice race but I missed Hartford. In December I am running the Roxbury Marathon for the 3rd time. Interesting 5 loop race in the country. Last year was a terrible snowstorm but I finished.

I am thinking about doing this. Registration was closed by the time I tried signing up last year. Have run the half and did another run with those folks. Great bunch.
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »
Ok, meri & MoS, I will keep that in mind - will have to plan as it gets closer! That would be really fun.

I'm not sure yet if I'm doing the RW Half again in Bethlehem. After two years, it's kind of a tradition so I'd love to go back, but we'll see how the travel & logistics work this fall. I haven't signed up yet. Free skirts at the mile 6 water stop!  :D
This space for rent.

Offline Annoying Ultrarunner Wannabe

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »

I am signed up for the Long Beach Marathon in October.  I have started to ramp up my mileage and start training now.   8)

Is that a training run for the Monkey?  :)

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »
More summer than Fall, but I just entered the Jackson Hole Marathon for Saturday August 30th.
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:06 PM »
No full but a trail half marathon on October 12th that's my birthday present to myself. A few friends are trying to convince me to run the Backwards Evil Hosewater RnR Denver with them but I'm not feeling it. I'm trying to find some stuff between now and the half to keep me on track
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
I'm planning to run the Hartford Marathon on October 11.
I haven't run that distance in 10 years !  :e)

i shall stand on the sidelines and blow raspberries at your decrepitude.

Offline HobbyJogger

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 01:55:51 AM »
No full but a trail half marathon on October 12th that's my birthday present to myself. A few friends are trying to convince me to run the Backwards Evil Hosewater RnR Denver with them but I'm not feeling it. I'm trying to find some stuff between now and the half to keep me on track

I seem to remember that there is a nice little marathon right near you that starts and finishes in Manitou Springs.

The really nice thing about it is that there is only one hill.
Radical Jogger

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
I seem to remember that there is a nice little marathon right near you that starts and finishes in Manitou Springs.

The really nice thing about it is that there is only one hill.

Haha yes, it is in the next few weeks; the 12K I ran a few weeks back is the pre-cursor to it in the Triple Crown series :)
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline ctjim

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
i shall stand on the sidelines and blow raspberries at your decrepitude.

Awesome!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
interesting.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »
My training is on track (more or less) for Goshen, but do have an appetite for a second this year. I see Roxbury reg is being stood up on Aug 30. If that doesn't pan out I'll do Brooklyn in Nov. That's only about a month after Goshen but I think that will be enough rest time.

Online Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
My training is on track (more or less) for Goshen, but do have an appetite for a second this year. I see Roxbury reg is being stood up on Aug 30. If that doesn't pan out I'll do Brooklyn in Nov. That's only about a month after Goshen but I think that will be enough rest time.

I was thinking about roxbury, too. I doubt they will have 100 runners in the full.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
I was thinking about roxbury, too. I doubt they will have 100 runners in the full.

Registration opens on Aug 30 @ 12:01 PM.

:)

Online Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Registration opens on Aug 30 @ 12:01 PM.

:)

I have an earlier marathon for which I am signed up. This one, I am not sure; I will only do it if the weather is OK. Having said that, what is there to lose with $15.00?

+-SUPPORT US