Author Topic: Paprika App  (Read 2525 times)

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
Paprika App
« on: October 29, 2020, 12:53:32 PM »
OK, I think someone ages ago mentioned this app--maybe witchy? I finally downloaded it and it's amazing! I paid for the full desktop version I love it so, so much.

It completely eliminates the craziness of 60 pages of text before you get to a recipe, can download from all sorts of sites I've been having trouble with on a regular browser and best of all, lets me print directly to a recipe card with no formatting necessary. I had been procrastinating typing in all of my favorite recipes so I could print them out and laminate them and this app does everything I wanted to do and makes it super easy.

The grocery list function is great too. I've been wanting to make a green chili chicken recipe for ages, but kept forgetting what I needed while I was at the store. Hit the 'add to grocery list' function for the recipe and I had a list of ingredients sorted by store aisle.

It is just a remarkably well designed app, so thank you to whoever it was that recommended it!!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Paprika App
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »
I need to check this out! There was a time I cared to read blogs about food. But now I just want the recipe!

Offline picote

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
Yes! All of the text has gotten out of hand I think. And now many sites won’t even let you print the recipes. I think you actually have to download the recipe to skip the text, though there may be a setting I haven’t found. I’m just so happy to have an easy solution to printing to recipe cards. It’s also downloading recipes from blue apron and allrecipes, which I’ve been unable to do lately.

You can also input your panty and use it as an inventory management, but that’s a little beyond my organizational abilities right now.

There’s an option to link Pinterest too.

The one thing I’d love would be a social function where I could follow the recipe boxes of other people and save things that look good.

Offline glwestcott

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:59:14 PM »
I want to know why anyone would input their panty before cooking. Sounds fun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline picote

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 12:37:25 AM »
I want to know why anyone would input their panty before cooking. Sounds fun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:roll: Man do I need to get glasses!! Between that, my scattered brain and my phone autocorrecting, it’s a wonder I can communicate at all!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 12:53:56 PM »
I use pinterest and since I have for so long cannot imagine migrating to another app.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline picote

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »
I use pinterest, but this is very different and so, so much better for recipes. And they have a plugin for pinterest, so I think you can easily pull recipes in from there.

The other part which is great is you can easily hit a button and scale the recipe up or down by just about any quantity.

I'm just excited to have finally found an app that does almost everything I want! :D

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »
I'll definitely be checking this out!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 12:10:13 PM »
I need to check this out! There was a time I cared to read blogs about food. But now I just want the recipe!

I agree, but even worse than the text is all the pop-up advertising... I don't have the patience for it and I won't bother scrolling all the way to the recipe.

On the other hand, if I read a recipe and am intrigued, I will read the whole long-winded post most of the time.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 08:08:59 PM »
I do not read the post 99% of the time. I do, however, read the comments and feedback.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 08:18:28 PM »
ME! I love Paprika and have had it for years. I like that it syncs over devices, and I can add ingredients to a shopping list. It's especially good for me to be able to save recipes that I might want when I don't have internet. And I'm really, really trying to get in the habit of using the Pantry. I have 6 bins under our salon sofa that I use for storage. It's much better if I can just "see" what's in Bin #6 on the app instead of pulling the cushions and pulling all of the bins out, looking for a can of corn.

It may be my most used app on the whole phone.

Offline picote

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 01:00:11 AM »
ME! I love Paprika and have had it for years. I like that it syncs over devices, and I can add ingredients to a shopping list. It's especially good for me to be able to save recipes that I might want when I don't have internet. And I'm really, really trying to get in the habit of using the Pantry. I have 6 bins under our salon sofa that I use for storage. It's much better if I can just "see" what's in Bin #6 on the app instead of pulling the cushions and pulling all of the bins out, looking for a can of corn.

It may be my most used app on the whole phone.

Thank you!! I love love love it. My only ‘want’ now is some sort of text recognition so I can take a picture of a recipe from a book and gave it import to the app. I’m not sure I’m up for the level of organization the pantry piece would require, but I’m tempted. 

+-SUPPORT US