Forum > General Fitness

Have we talked about CrossFit?

<< < (2/26) > >>

monster2:
As I've said before I loved CrossFit I found it really fun competitive and motivating. my only problem was the expense most gyms charge up words of 100 dollars a month and since I already have a regular gym membership that was way too much but if you can find a Groupon coupon it might be worth it to try it out for a month that's how I got into it. I realize that you can do it from home on your own but that's sort of defeats the point of competing with those around you.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

cgraz:
Yeah, it is pretty pricey and to me, if you want to do anything else (ie, I also swim) then it's hard to justify that separate membership. I know the gym that mr. cgraz goes to here has run stuff in Groupon, etc. too. And they offer a free trial class so you can check it out before joining.

RandMart:
I've got an ex-girlfriend who moved from Colorado back to Jersey to set up a Crossfit studio in Westmont

http://crossfitcetro.com/

One of my best buds is a P90X dude, and I'd like to see the difference between the two; do a couple sessions [comped, perhaps] get schooled a little bit maybe?

Could be a little complicated, though

Did I mention the ex-girlfriend thing?

Yeah ... awkward

Shadow38:
I'd like to try it but there isn't a cross fit gym within 50 miles or so that I know of.

MikoftheWat:
I love it, I just do the mainsite WODs at the base gym.  No fancy crossfit gym for me (and there's one a mile from my house, one of these days I'll check it out)  There are some that are pure body weight exercises too, and all of them are easily scaled to your abilities.  Intensity, not weight or repetition is the key.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version