Forum > The Open Pub

For all you bike enthusiasts:

(1/5) > >>

Kumbaya:
Why is stopping at stops signs such a chore?
I can understand remote stop signs where you slow and ensure it's safe and then glide through.  I do the same thing in my car.

I am talking in densely packed city intersections.  This is not an isolated incident, I have seen multiple examples of this just this week.  On Monday one woman glided through rush hour traffic with a sense of entitlement, then had to stop so suddenly (because the car she thought was going to yield to her gliding through didn't - slightly a dick move, but I cheered in solidarity from my SUV) she actually did a weird almost figure 8 maneuver in the middle of a 4 way stop while we all watched an waited and smirked at her.

Explain.

ctjim:
1. It's not a chore. It's a bit of a pain to stop and then restart, if you're an idiot and in a "big" gear.
2. Some people are assholes. Some of them ride bikes and glide through stop signs, and some drive cars and glide through stop signs.

ihop:
Uncle Fred and ctjim are correct.

tenacious1:
Ditto. It makes riding a bike less safe for everyone since the cars on the road don't know what to expect. I would really like it if the police gave them tickets more often.

onawhim:
It is a pain to clip in and clip out if I am being honest.  I do not want to risk doing the tip over at a stoplight.  I do not bike anymore because it was just too stressful for me on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version