Author Topic: Pork and peaches - need a recipe - THANKS, plus picture!  (Read 4646 times)

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
Pork and peaches - need a recipe - THANKS, plus picture!
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »
I have a couple of peaches leftover from a thing.  I figure they'd be good with pork chops.  I need an easy recipe involving boneless pork chops and peaches.  Can cook in oven, stovetop, George Foreman indoor grill, or outdoor gas grill.

A different meat would be ok too.  But not fish.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:08:54 PM by rocketgirl »
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
Re: Pork and peaches - need a recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:38:09 PM »
Grill them both. Eat the grilled peaches as desert.

Note: I am not a fan of fruit with meat. Meat shouldn't be sweet, imo.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:48:53 PM by Magic Microbe »

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »
try cooking the peaches with sour cream and shallots. Then pour on top of the pork. Or simmer the pork in the sour cream and shallots, then add peaches last.

I have a recipe for guinea hen with peaches somewhere in this forum. It's a recipe I made in my French cooking class in Paris. It's really good. it originally calls for creme fraiche, but sour cream (full fat) is a good substitute.
It ain't a party til mags shows up. -wonderwoman

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »
thinly slice sweet white onion and peaches.  in a pan with a bit of oil, cook the onions until caramelized and add the peaches.  season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper.

i would saute the chops and serve with the onion/peach slop.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:49 PM »
thinly slice sweet white onion and peaches.  in a pan with a bit of oil, cook the onions until caramelized and add the peaches.  season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper.

i would saute the chops and serve with the onion/peach slop.

This I can do.  I have a yellow onion in the kitchen already.  And I have German thyme outside in the garden.

I love fruit and meat together.

Or the sour cream thing either way.  I don't think I've seen anything at Target that is called a shallot.  Looks sort of onion-like.  Maybe I will combine these ideas....Thanks!

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
This I can do.  I have a yellow onion in the kitchen already.  And I have German thyme outside in the garden.

I love fruit and meat together.

Or the sour cream thing either way.  I don't think I've seen anything at Target that is called a shallot.  Looks sort of onion-like.  Maybe I will combine these ideas....Thanks!

You can use green onion tops.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
I never buy green onion.  Goes slimy too fast and cutting it is annoying.  I always sub yellow onion, just not as much, and things are fine.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »

So what I did was caramelize 1/2 a small yellow onion cut in tiny pieces.  (Could have used more).  So that was onion, olive oil, and the cheap sauvignon blanc I keep for cooking.
Added 2 fresh sliced peaches, 2 heaping tablespoons of full fat sour cream, white wine, pepper, a wee bit of cinnamon sugar, more pepper.

Pork chops were grilled (olive oil, salt, pepper) and the stuff was poured on top.  Probably way too much topping for just 3 pork chops, but it was very tasty and I had 2 peaches to use before they went bad.

Accompaniments were grilled sliced yellow squash with butter and garlic salt, then topped with a grated parmesan and balsamic glaze; and spinach sauteed in butter with garlic.

It was good.  I think the peach cream sauce would be good with cayenne.  It really did have a sort of Thai taste to it.  Like I think you could substitute sour cream for coconut milk in a Thai recipe involving fruit.

I had a bottle of Coppola Chardonnay in the fridge, and it was really good with this food.

Thanks witchy and srsly!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:09:38 PM by rocketgirl »

Offline srsly

• NTTAWWT
Re: Pork and peaches - need a recipe - THANKS, plus picture!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 01:59:28 PM »
Looks great! Maybe I'll make this dish this week. Peaches are on their way out soon and don't want to miss it. I'm not much of a peach eater as is. I iike it in ice cream and tarts and savory dishes better.

+-SUPPORT US