Author Topic: Do you emotionally eat?  (Read 13541 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Do you emotionally eat?
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:03:04 PM by Run Amok »

Offline crazypants

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »
RA- I removed the message.
:)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »
But still... that is what I would do if I were you.

Offline crazypants

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
But still... that is what I would do if I were you.
Yah- I think I will.
Besides- SB owes me.
:bat:

Offline crazypants

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »
Last night after work I went for my usual climbing session- but went longer than usual. I even had a chicken greek salad waiting for me for dinner, but when I got home, I just wasn't hungry- so I just had a glass of milk while watching football.

:-\ Is something wrong with me? I'm usually starving after rock climbing- especially given that I went hard last night.

Offline Yogi

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
Last night after work I went for my usual climbing session- but went longer than usual. I even had a chicken greek salad waiting for me for dinner, but when I got home, I just wasn't hungry- so I just had a glass of milk while watching football.

:-\ Is something wrong with me? I'm usually starving after rock climbing- especially given that I went hard last night.

Nothing is wrong with you.

I can relate to the snacking out of boredom that you described in the OP. I will sometimes be hungry for dinner around 5pm just because of my early schedule and I've started just giving in and making dinner early instead of snacking until I feel it's the "right" time for dinner (i.e. 7pm or something).

I also sometimes force myself to eat things I don't want to eat because it's what a runner 'should' eat. But sometimes I just want cereal or a grilled cheese for dinner even on running days. There's nothing wrong with having a light eating day especially if your body is just wanting a light eating day.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
I do the same thing yogi. Im starving by 5pm, and really, that is when I need to eat dinner. Otherwise I snack till I'm full.

Offline Schrödinger’s Bat

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
Yah- I think I will.
Besides- SB owes me.
:bat:

Hey! I had to touch your unmentionables!  >:(

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »
I do the same thing yogi. Im starving by 5pm, and really, that is when I need to eat dinner. Otherwise I snack till I'm full.

I am an early eater too. My DH often doesn't eat until 9pm or later!! I really have two dinners. I have a 2nd dinner around 7:30. Basically I eat something right after I get home around 5:45-6pm (often a sandwich/wrap and some pretzels) and then have another meal around 1.5-2 hours later (often a bowl of cereal or yogurt and a cookie...or two.) I am a night time eater. During my ED, I used to often skip both breakfast and lunch, but never could go without eating something in the evening.

I'm the reverse of those people that say you shouldn't eat before bed. If I don't eat something around 7:30-8pm, I don't sleep well.  When I was a kid I was the same way. Always a bowl of cereal before bed.

When bored, I could snack from 4pm until I go to bed. Which is why I try to stick to an eating schedule. And sometimes, when I feel sad/lonely I'll indulge in very poor food (ie: ice cream for dinner). But that doesn't happen too often any more, and when it does I try to be forgiving of myself and don't beat myself up. We all need an ice cream for dinner day once in awhile. :D

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
We all need an ice cream for dinner day once in awhile.

hells to the yes!   though I seem to gain weight disproportionally quickly when I eat ice cream so I don't do it much.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline crazypants

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »
Hey! I had to touch your unmentionables!  >:(
:incazzato: My dong is not an unmentionable.

Oh wait- you meant underwear.

Come to think of it- you never touched my dong.

Nevermind.

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »
:incazzato: My dong is not an unmentionable.

Oh wait- you meant underwear.

Come to think of it- you never touched my dong.

Nevermind.

:D

+-SUPPORT US