Author Topic: Fish!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
Fish!
« on: May 01, 2020, 01:59:52 PM »
I just bought 2.5 pounds of yellowfin tuna and I'm not sure what to do with it. I was going to do diablita's skewers, but the recipe says to use a white fleshed fish.

Suggestions?

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Re: Fish!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:22:08 PM »
You can totally use tuna for that!

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 05:38:39 PM »
We are addicted to this:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe-1914316

It’s honestly so good it’s ruined most tuna for us when we go out to eat.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:47:56 PM »
I had rainbow trout tonight.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 07:00:27 PM »
Mmmmm tuna.  I love it so much.

I'd do a seared tuna, too. I like it in a nicoise salad if you have some of those ingredients. Or I'll make tahini dressing and do a salad that way.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 07:50:36 PM »
I feel like a genius.   8)  I just winged it and did a soy sauce/peanut oil/lime juice marinade, and then seared it in a skilled for about 30 seconds on each side. I topped it with some Bagel Everything. :drooling-5: It was really good. I will cook it a little longer next time though, as mine was cold in the middle. It tasted good but I'm nervous about eating raw fish prepared by me--iow, not an expert.

We are addicted to this:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe-1914316

That sounds amazing. I'll pick up those ingredients tomorrow for round 2.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 10:51:31 PM »
We are addicted to this:

This is pretty much my favorite way to eat tuna.

Offline picote

• Exists as only Hawking radiation
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 12:05:01 AM »
I feel like a genius.   8)  I just winged it and did a soy sauce/peanut oil/lime juice marinade, and then seared it in a skilled for about 30 seconds on each side. I topped it with some Bagel Everything. :drooling-5: It was really good. I will cook it a little longer next time though, as mine was cold in the middle. It tasted good but I'm nervous about eating raw fish prepared by me--iow, not an expert.

That sounds amazing. I'll pick up those ingredients tomorrow for round 2.

We made it tonight—so good! If you’re going shopping anyway, it’s great over red cabbage slaw with vinegarette.

Eta, BA, yes! Our old neighborhood had a place that had a wonderful tuna appetizer. I came across this recipe trying to recreate it. Not the same, but I think we prefer this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:07:24 AM by picote »

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 09:54:01 AM »
I'm planning to try it soon too.  Thanks picote!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 09:57:36 AM »
Unfortunately, I forgot to add the avocado until after we'd already eaten, but the cilantro sauce was delicious. I could see it used on just about everything.

The fishermen came by again yesterday and we bought more tuna and also some marlin. We have enough to grill some marlin steaks and then I'll freeze the rest and make the skewers another time.

+-SUPPORT US