Author Topic: Quarantine food thread  (Read 25027 times)

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
Re: Quarantine food thread
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2020, 09:46:08 PM »
Keeping with the chickpea theme, I threw together a salad for this weeks lunches that is super tasty. I roasted a bunch of cherry tomatoes earlier today, just tossed them with a bunch of minced garlic and olive oil and cooked them for about 90 minutes in a 300 degree oven. After they cooled I took about a cup of the roasted tomatoes and mixed them with a can of garbanzo beans, a chopped cucumber, and about 4 oz of crumbled feta. I added some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkled in salt and pepper, oregano, and basil. It is so good! I would have used fresh squeezed lemon juice instead of the balsamic if I'd had any on hand, but either way it is really tasty.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
that sounds good!

Over the weekend I made saag paneer with homemade paneer! And garlic naan (gluten free and regular versions). I also made an instant pot asparagus risotto for DD which she hated (texture was too unfamiliar for her i think).
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »
Yum!! I want to make saag paneer with homemade paneer. Can you use homogenized milk?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2020, 09:16:53 PM »
Yum!! I want to make saag paneer with homemade paneer. Can you use homogenized milk?
I'm not sure, I just had store bought whole milk.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »

yes.

Offline Newt

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2020, 05:01:33 AM »
Two standards of Polish cuisine....borscht and zurek....both traditional soups (i can get in trouble here calling it borscht....that's the Russian word)...Polish word is barszcz.

In any case....I'm going to try making both his weekend. Many years ago I dated a Ukranian woman...it was tradition that every time I entered her house, I would be served a small bowl of borscht and a small glass of vodka. I love the stuff....and always order zurek when it's available.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »
DH baked coconut macaroons. They were aweful... he misread the recipe and put in way too much lime.
Anyway, we needed two tablespoons of flour.  This is the first flour we have used in about three years.  It's a good thing flour keeps well.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2020, 08:47:55 AM »
https://www.berlyskitchen.com/coconut-rum-mojito

this was fabulous and i used just a small amount of simple syrup.

+-SUPPORT US