Author Topic: Good vegetable recipes  (Read 60141 times)

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
Re: Good vegetable recipes
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »
Yes, I have roasted cauliflower whole and in chunks but never roasted it riced. Usually I make stir fry "rice" out of it. Last night I made a "risotto" with reconstituted shitake mushrooms and the liquid and sauteed fresh crimini mushrooms, garlic and onions, along with a quinoa, farro and rice blend from Aldi that I had previously cooked another evening. It was fabulous.

Almost any veggie is delicious roasted.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

"There is no bad weather, only bad clothing choices"_hally

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
Thanks for the Deborah Madison Vegetarian book recommendation. Every recipe so far is a hit.

Offline Honey Badger

• The Runners
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »
I'm roasting cauliflower now and can barely wait for it to cook! I just tasted a small piece and it is yummy. I may have found a new snack food.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »
I have been roasting it with a sprinkle of salt and curry powder. I may have eaten an entire head for dinner the other night.  :sneaking:
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »
I have been roasting it with a sprinkle of salt and curry powder. I may have eaten an entire head for dinner the other night.  :sneaking:

(((Meri's colon)))

Your body is prob used to it, mine would revolt!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »
(((Meri's colon)))

Your body is prob used to it, mine would revolt!
Mine is totally used to it! LOL
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2017, 07:39:18 AM »
I'm roasting cauliflower now and can barely wait for it to cook! I just tasted a small piece and it is yummy. I may have found a new snack food.

That is what I had last night, too. Very tasty.  I have Brussels sprouts for tonight.

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »
This looks really good. I never roasted riced cauliflower before but I'm going to try this one.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-cauliflower-rice-with-garlic-and-lemon/

Made this, ate it all up. No parsley available so skipped it.
“A good coat is like a good lawyer. it covers your ass.”_Jack Reacher, Without Fail

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »
Made this, ate it all up. No parsley available so skipped it.
I do not have parsley either but I may have all the rest, so I may try it tonight :)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
Super yummy!

Offline Cool Foot Luke

• The Runners
    • The Promise of Living
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
Basically, roasted cauliflower, cauliflower soup, ginger zucchini soup (which is basically a bunch of chopped zucchini cooked in your choice of broth (no-chicken for me) and pureed.

My go-to-don't-have-time-to-think meal is to make a small amount of pasta and mix it into a bit pot of sauteed bell pepper, onion, and whatever else I have on hand, add some diced tomatoes and cannelini beans and top with parmesan cheese.

DBF really likes root vegetables and keeps trying to push them onto me. While I use beets and carrots for other reasons, dishes where root vegetables take center stage always seem starchy and boring  :D

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2017, 06:28:37 AM »
Basically, roasted cauliflower, cauliflower soup, ginger zucchini soup (which is basically a bunch of chopped zucchini cooked in your choice of broth (no-chicken for me) and pureed.

My go-to-don't-have-time-to-think meal is to make a small amount of pasta and mix it into a bit pot of sauteed bell pepper, onion, and whatever else I have on hand, add some diced tomatoes and cannelini beans and top with parmesan cheese.

DBF really likes root vegetables and keeps trying to push them onto me. While I use beets and carrots for other reasons, dishes where root vegetables take center stage always seem starchy and boring  :D
Dreena Burton has a great recipe where, in a casserole pan, you put a layer of cooked quinoa, then on top a layer of hummus and on top roasted vegetables. Mostly root vegetables, but you can use any mix of veggies. If your BF likes roasted root vegs, try roasted radishes!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »
I came home today with four heads of cauliflower  :roll:

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2017, 07:52:12 AM »
I saw cauliflower sushi at whole foods...   :panic:

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2017, 08:15:08 AM »
what on earth is cauliflower sushi????
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
Sub riced cauliflower for the regular rice.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
I make lots of wraps with nori as the wrap but never made cauliflower rice sushi.... hmmmmmmm.  :!:

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2017, 05:46:38 PM »
I guess I wonder how you get the "rice" to stick together?
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
I guess I wonder how you get the "rice" to stick together?
Roll it super tight? :D

I made the roasted riced cauliflower again tonight!

Offline hally

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »
Roll it super tight? :D

I made the roasted riced cauliflower again tonight!
Hehe glad you liked it!

I bought some Harissa seasoning and it is soooooo good on my roasted slices of Kabocha.

+-SUPPORT US