Author Topic: Sunday Dec 1, 2019  (Read 2030 times)

Offline kevin871

• The Runners
    • My Running Log
Sunday Dec 1, 2019
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
3 hilly miles.

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: Sunday Dec 1, 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 01:32:58 PM »
Tannenbaum 10K this morning.  Due to high winds, freezing rain, sleet and hail on the mostly waterfront trail, the organizers elected to make the race a run rather than a competitive race, with no recorded results.  You could run whatever distance you felt comfortable doing, and collect a medal.  Still ~90% of the 1200 runners did the 10k distance.  Had an nice wind at the back going out, but of course is totally sucked coming back as your face was blasted with ice pellets.  Glad I'm a glasses wearer.  Not too many negative splits today.  Recorded 53:28 on the Garmin. 
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
How could you possibly see?? I end up taking my glasses off half the time during the winter.

I, queen dumbass, forgot to use my inhaler for the Ri Ra Santa 5k and had a downright miserable run.  Oh yay.

Bought a new pair of shoes on the way home as my trail runners are ded.  Altra Lone Peaks.  Took them, and a couple of honks off the inhaler, for another 5k when I got home.  Gosh I really like that huge toe box, they ran great.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 06:16:11 PM »
Good job guys.  Sorry about the inhaler thing though.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 07:39:27 PM »
How could you possibly see?? I end up taking my glasses off half the time during the winter.

I, queen dumbass, forgot to use my inhaler for the Ri Ra Santa 5k and had a downright miserable run.  Oh yay.

Bought a new pair of shoes on the way home as my trail runners are ded.  Altra Lone Peaks.  Took them, and a couple of honks off the inhaler, for another 5k when I got home.  Gosh I really like that huge toe box, they ran great.

Just had a problem with rain drops on the lenses, and did the finger wiper a couple of times.  Usually don't have a problem with fogging, but can't wear a winter face mask as that directs exhale vapor up into my glasses. 

Great pics with your friend on FB at the Ri Ra.  Weather seemed a whole lot better there than here.  Best of many miles in you new kicks. 
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

+-SUPPORT US