Author Topic: SALAZAR BANNED! WADA to Investigate NOP Athletes  (Read 10166 times)

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
Re: SALAZAR BANNED!
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 03:24:39 PM »
I knew I liked him! 

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2019, 09:10:27 PM »
The NOP goes home devastated! This is news before it's even news, and hasn't been verified yet. Just off letsrun message board (also the NOP website is down):

Mark Parker wrote:

Team,
As you know, last week I shared my thoughts on the recent USADA ruling regarding Alberto Salazar and The Oregon Project.

I want to reiterate that Nike has always tried to put the athlete and their needs at the front of all our decisions. While the panel found there was no orchestrated doping, no finding that performance enhancing drugs have ever been used on Oregon Project athletes and went out of its way to note Alberto’s desire to follow all rules, unfortunately, Alberto can no longer coach while the appeal is pending.

This situation, along with ongoing unsubstantiated assertions, is a distraction for many of the athletes and is compromising their ability to focus on their training and competition needs. I have therefore made the decision to wind down the Oregon Project. We will help all of our athletes in this transition as they choose the coaching set up that is right for them.

And, as we have said, we will continue to support Alberto in his appeal as a four-year suspension for someone who acted in good faith is wrong.

Thanks,

Mark Parker
Chairman, President and CEO, NIKE, Inc.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 12:02:00 PM »

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

Re: SALAZAR BANNED! WADA to Investigate NOP Athletes
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2019, 07:36:09 AM »
Mary Cain speaks out in NYT video, and says the NOP system was physically and emotionally abusive for young women. And that Salazar publicly berated her for not losing weight.

Not sure if others can see this link but the video is very good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/opinion/nike-running-mary-cain.html

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2019, 12:08:17 PM »
What a shitshow.  Not that I shed any tears for Salazar before, but it's more satisfying when bad things happen to confirmed assholes. 

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »
Also I'm not even going to bother venturing into whatever letsrun threads are talking about it.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2019, 07:26:29 PM »
There was a protest today at Nike HQ:
https://www.wweek.com/news/business/2019/12/08/hundreds-of-nike-employees-stage-walk-to-protest-alberto-salazar-on-beaverton-campus/?fbclid=IwAR3gW-A5pCFqp9zvPyut5WnJOnYI4CSBjcd8-32NggTd4d2UMihmYxyk00A

More will come of this.  Either we'll start to hear from fired whistleblowers or we'll see change.  I'm fairly certain this means they've hit some kind of tipping point internally.  A cull would be predominantly female and that would be nooo bueno for them legally.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

• The Runners

Offline Loco Coyote

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »
https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/07/26/alberto-salazar-permanently-ineligible-safesport-investigation-sexual-emotional-misconduct

LIFELIFELIFE!!!!

Letsrun goes home devastated!  :panic:

Yeah there were dueling incoherent threads yesterday, and the brojos jumped in shouting about transparency in the process, asking for evidence of abuse etc.

+-SUPPORT US