Author Topic: Anyone training for anything specific?  (Read 9502 times)

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
Anyone training for anything specific?
« on: May 31, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »
Nothing here.  Just doing my daily runs.  I feel like I should pick something.

Offline radial

• Passed on to another Brane
  • Non Sine Causa
Re: Anyone training for anything specific?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Not me.  I'm just training for the big one -- staying alive and being healthy enough to enjoy the experience.  My days of actually winning races are over, and the age-group stuff just doesn't excite me.  :old:

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
Nothing official yet. Planning for a fall marathon. Very likely the Mohawk Hudson. 

For now really enjoying just running. Feeling like I'm getting in shape and ramping up my base.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Have no races planned. Waiting to hear if a 12 hour will be held in August. That seems to be my best race lately. Looking at a long race in the fall but not finalized yet, just tossing ideas around my head.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »
I'm running philly if my feet hold up... I just finished 2 halves, a ten miler and a 5k since 3/29.. I'm happy to not race for a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:44:58 PM »
Thinking of running Missoula Marathon on July 12th.  Montana will be my 38th state if I do. 
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

iwuzwilson

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:41:15 AM »
Have had a good year so far and have held my own against some of the best age groupers in the state/US.

Next big race is Pikes Peak ascent in August. Some fun stuff also planned this year.

Offline JBM

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 11:59:06 AM »
I just ran a trail marathon and a 50K.
I am running a trail relay at the end of June so that's my next event.

I signed up for a 50K in Sept that will be very hilly and then plan to run a trail marathon in Nov.

Other than that, I think I'm good. I need to work on running more in general during the week. I am struggling a bit as the pavement doesn't feel great on my feet, but I can realistically only get to the trails once a week.

Belgian Lace

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »
I have a couple of HMs and a 15K on the calendar.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 02:26:25 PM »
Just trying to get back to feeling like a runner and not getting reinjured. I now have two runs of 30 minutes w/ no walking under my belt. So, on the way! Realistically it's been since the end of January since I've been off running due to a stupid calf injury. FINALLY running with no pain now and really do not want to screw that up. So I think I'm going to limit myself to no more than 6 miles through the summer.

Offline Richard21142

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »
I've entered a 5K on June 13th.  This will be my first race since last November.  If that goes well, then I am going to run a street mile the following week.  A few low key races in the summer and hopefully I will be ready for the fall 5Ks.

Offline wherestheportojohn

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »
Just trying to get back to feeling like a runner and not getting reinjured. I now have two runs of 30 minutes w/ no walking under my belt. So, on the way! Realistically it's been since the end of January since I've been off running due to a stupid calf injury. FINALLY running with no pain now and really do not want to screw that up. So I think I'm going to limit myself to no more than 6 miles through the summer.
:heartbeat:
On, Wisconsin

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 06:52:42 AM »
Mohawk Hudson is sold out so I registered for Baystate.  It's not an exciting course but it's super convenient and low key and that's what I want. I had a great race there a few years ago. And a few friends from work are running too. 
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »
National Masters Track and Field Championships July 23-24.  100 meters, 200 meters, long jump.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

iwuzwilson

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
National Masters Track and Field Championships July 23-24.  100 meters, 200 meters, long jump.
I'm semi to fully retired from track--well at least this year--but where are USATF Masters Nationals this summer?

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »
Mohawk Hudson is sold out so I registered for Baystate.  It's not an exciting course but it's super convenient and low key and that's what I want. I had a great race there a few years ago. And a few friends from work are running too. 

MH is very pretty for about 22 miles. Only one ugly and busy stretch.  Too bad.

Offline i am party

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
Mohawk Hudson is sold out

Yep.  I squeaked in just before they shut it down. I've never done Baystate, but I will someday.

Offline Handsome Jack

• The Runners
  • All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »
I might pop up to New Paltz for the Father's Day half. No real goal race or full on my dance card at this time.
Winner of the 2022 Azzhat of the Year award

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »
I'm semi to fully retired from track--well at least this year--but where are USATF Masters Nationals this summer?

Jacksonville, FL July 22-24.  The heat is not a factor for sprinting, but kind of ridiculous fur anything over 400M in my opinion.  The National Senior Games (separate track meet) is in Minnesota 2 weeks earlier.
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Jacksonville, FL July 22-24.  The heat is not a factor for sprinting, but kind of ridiculous fur anything over 400M in my opinion.  The National Senior Games (separate track meet) is in Minnesota 2 weeks earlier.
FLA in July? Oh my. Mugginess is an issue more so than the heat.

I have my eye on a couple of fall races and one New Year's weekend.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

+-SUPPORT US