Author Topic: I ate Korean food tonight  (Read 10915 times)

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
Re: I ate Korean food tonight
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »
I have made this:

http://www.steamykitchen.com/180-korean-glass-noodles-jap-chae.html

Love glass noodles.  I walk right by a korean grocery on my way home so I buy the bibimbap kits sometimes which probably does not help you much.   After this thread I looked up a recipe to make the brown sugar pancakes but I have not had a chance to try them yet.  I also walk by a walnut cake place  :D
Because PANTS

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »
I have made this:

http://www.steamykitchen.com/180-korean-glass-noodles-jap-chae.html

Love glass noodles.  I walk right by a korean grocery on my way home so I buy the bibimbap kits sometimes which probably does not help you much.   After this thread I looked up a recipe to make the brown sugar pancakes but I have not had a chance to try them yet.  I also walk by a walnut cake place  :D

:heartbeat:

I love glass noodles too! One of my favoritest foods.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
I love glass noodles.  In Thai restaurants you can get pad woon sen...which I now want.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline clubhouserunner

• Pubescent
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
We went with some friends and OMG was it delicious.  We started with a vegetable scallion pancake that I tasted just a bit of but was fantastic.  Then we all had stone bowls.  I think the name for the beef version was bulgogi; I had the vegetable + tofu version.  It was outrageously good with a really tasty sauce and some different salads alongside.  The veg part was good but the crispy rice on the bottom of the bowl was fantastic.  (downside was I didn't leave any behind, as I usually would).

Adn I never knew that I liked kimchee!  I've tasted so many different regions' cuisines and never had this.  I want to go back tomorrow.  :d

I had the exact same thing last weekend in South San Fran. Except we also had the bbq beef ribs and fried chicken wings. I went here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/moms-tofu-house-south-san-francisco

Offline diablita

• The Runners
I ate Korean food tonight
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
Nice!
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Newt

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:24 AM »
I agree with the bibimbap....when I was living in Siberia I used to have this at least once a week.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange

+-SUPPORT US