Author Topic: Chopped, the home game  (Read 3854 times)

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
Chopped, the home game
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »
was so fun this weekend!   My boyfriend competed against my best friend using the 4 secret ingredients that her husband and I picked for them, plus access to our pantry and refrigerator.   They came up with two very different but delicious main dishes for us! 

Our ingredients were:  chicken drumsticks, gai choy, canned peaches, and hot banana sauce.   :D

I'd highly recommend doing this for a small dinner party.  It was really fun, and with a dishwasher, the cleanup afterward wasn't really that bad.   During the cooking, the judges sat and ate appetizers, drank, and pretended to be Ted Allen.  Afterwards we played a food trivia game called Foodie Fight. 

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
Re: Chopped, the home game
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »
That sounds awesome; so what did they make for y'all?
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:02:19 AM »
That sounds awesomely fun!
This space for rent.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:16:23 AM »
FUN!!!!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 07:19:53 AM »
heh... though it sounds like fun, it won't be happening at my house...  it took about 9 years for us to learn to share the kitchen with each other... my gf would have a heart attack if she had to either share her kitchen or watch someone else use it

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:39:23 AM »
One dish was chicken salad served on pate a choux, sauteed gai choy with shallots, and a peach, cinnamon, hot banana sauce pureed sauce.   The other was spicy chicken coated with a sauce of chipotle, hot banana sauce, and peaches, and a creamy spicy soup with gai choy and tomatoes in it, all served together in a bowl.

I don't know if my descriptions do them justice.  Everything was delicious!! 

Offline moroccangirl

• The Runners
  • Token Hijabi
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »
Did they come up with those dishes off the top of their heads? I'd still be searching for recipes.
"Leave your butthole hair alone, ladies" Fionn mac Cumhail 3/19/09

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Did they come up with those dishes off the top of their heads? I'd still be searching for recipes.

They did!  No cookbooks or computers were referenced.  I am so impressed with them.  I'm not good at winging it.  :D

+-SUPPORT US