Author Topic: You guys convinced me!  (Read 9327 times)

Offline RioG

• The Runners
You guys convinced me!
« on: April 13, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »
I signed up for WW.  3 months.

I've done it before and lost steam... I ALWAYS lose steam with this stuff.  I'm hoping that because some of you mofos signed up and are doing it I will be less inclined to lose steam. 

I'll give it a bit, and if the online isn't working I'll see if I can find some meetings. 

I like that it knows I'm nursing, and I like that most fruits and veggies are free.  It's different than it was when I did it last, and so far it looks to be in a good way. 

My first routine is a fruit or veggie with every meal/snack. 

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: You guys convinced me!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
Good luck!!! I know a bunch of people just signed up so you'll have lots of support.  :heartbeat:

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
Good luck!!! I know a bunch of people just signed up so you'll have lots of support.  :heartbeat:

That's what I'm hoping... If not I'll take the public humiliation of going to meetings. ;)

I'm proud of my sudden love-fest with veggies (sautéed with red wine vinegar. :D ) so I feel like the time is right.

Offline wherestheportojohn

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »
Yay!  :cheerleader:
On, Wisconsin

LilyLily

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
You'll be great.  One of the things I admire about you is, once you set your mind on something, you make it happen.

Offline wombleatwimbledon

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
I thought you were going to admit to buying a vitamix!  :hah:

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
You'll be great.  One of the things I admire about you is, once you set your mind on something, you make it happen.

Yeah, not in this area.  I am the world's worst weight-loser.  I'm trying to change my thinking in this area - I seem to be stuck in a pattern of "I'm above diets" and feel like I shouldn't need to work at weight loss... but really I do.

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
They need a Nutrition Watchers thing or something for people who aren't actively trying to lose weight, but need a push to eat better.

I do actually eat better than I used to, in that I cook about twice a week now.  I'm liberal with butter and oil, but at least there are veggies.

Anyway, good luck Rio!  You always seem so practical to me, so I'm sure you can apply that to food as well.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »
I thought you were going to admit to buying a vitamix!  :hah:
that is what i thought :D

congrats RIO!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »
They need a Nutrition Watchers thing or something for people who aren't actively trying to lose weight, but need a push to eat better.

I do actually eat better than I used to, in that I cook about twice a week now.  I'm liberal with butter and oil, but at least there are veggies.

Anyway, good luck Rio!  You always seem so practical to me, so I'm sure you can apply that to food as well.

Rocketgirl, check out the USDA Choose My Plate website.  You can enter your height, weight, and sex and it comes up with a food plan for you that just has serving sizes of each food group.  If you're overweight, it asks if you want to maintain or lose weight.  If I were trying to maintain, I would just try to get the recommended servings of fruits and veggies, meat/meat substitute, and maybe dairy and then just go by hunger for how many servings of grains I wanted to eat.  I'm a little suspect of the USDA recommendations for dairy, but I think it's a good place to start.  You can take the information that works for you and ignore the rest.

Here's the website:  http://www.choosemyplate.gov/myplate/index.aspx

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 06:02:49 PM »
that is what i thought :D

congrats RIO!

ha!  I wish on the vitamix thing... maybe someday when my wee little smoothie maker dies.

LilyLily

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »
ha!  I wish on the vitamix thing... maybe someday when my wee little smoothie maker dies.

Easy, drop something in there that you know will break it...

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:43 PM »
Easy, drop something in there that you know will break it...

Psst...I broke my last one by accidentally dropping a spoon in while trying to move some greens around... :sneaking:
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline CheryG

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:11:38 AM »
Go Rio!

Suggestion, cause we all know how much you love spreadsheets!

I've kept two weight loss journals.  One records my overall diet that day plus my weight, the other is an app on my phone with a graph function where I only record each low point in weight as it arrives.  My weight tends to bobble around a lot- sometimes it will hold steady for a week then whoosh I drop it all in a day.  Other times I'll bloat up (period) then I'll get what seems to be a rebound dehydration.

Anyway- graphing the low points has proved to be motivational because when I set to to the year function it shows the big picture.  Which is steady weight loss.  The daily journal is to look at trends in the event my weight loss stalls.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:13:14 AM by CheryG »

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »
Go Rio!

Suggestion, cause we all know how much you love spreadsheets!

I've kept two weight loss journals.  One records my overall diet that day plus my weight, the other is an app on my phone with a graph function where I only record each low point in weight as it arrives.  My weight tends to bobble around a lot- sometimes it will hold steady for a week then whoosh I drop it all in a day.  Other times I'll bloat up (period) then I'll get what seems to be a rebound dehydration.

Anyway- graphing the low points has proved to be motivational because when I set to to the year function it shows the big picture.  Which is steady weight loss.  The daily journal is to look at trends in the event my weight loss stalls.

Is the phone one Libra?  I have it. :D

Offline CheryG

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
Is the phone one Libra?  I have it. :D

Nah, it was a cheapo app that was free.  Weight Watch.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
Libra was free.  It humiliates you with graphs extending to the heavens when you gain.

Offline CheryG

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »
Mine is horrible!  I've lost 25# and it still says "4.5#! You're packing on the weight!"  because my starting weight was when I was down in Wellington.  Sure I want to lose those extra few, but come on, can't I get a little positivity for the #25! It says worse things too, that's the nicest one.

Offline fancypants

• The Runners
    • Unanswered Flurry
You guys convinced me!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 07:20:42 AM »
Mine is horrible!  I've lost 25# and it still says "4.5#! You're packing on the weight!"  because my starting weight was when I was down in Wellington.  Sure I want to lose those extra few, but come on, can't I get a little positivity for the #25! It says worse things too, that's the nicest one.
Arg!!!!  That's horrible!  I use the graph on myfitnesspal, but the little reporting to friends thing on myfitness pal is deceiving because it only reports losses and not the bounces back up. If I scroll through there it looks like bluemaggie should be at her goal.
I don't have time for laundry; I'm trying to have a great life.

http://herheiness.wordpress.com/

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »
So I'm kind of liking the WW thing this time around... I don't know if it's because I'm not working so I have more time to plan and make low-points meals?  Not sure.  If my mid-week weigh-ins are any indication I've lost between 2 and 5 lbs so far... which I don't consider too bad because I seem to be using up my weekly allowance lickety split. :D

+-SUPPORT US