Author Topic: Best chicken soup with Matzoh Balls recipe?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Best chicken soup with Matzoh Balls recipe?
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
I usually just make the Maneschevitz box from scratch.. But I was wanting to add chicken and that does not have chicken. Do you think I could just make some kind of shredded chicken separately and throw it in?  Stupid question but I imagine Maneshevitz makes a just matzoh ball mix for people who want to make their own soup?

Throw you recipes and best kept secrets for the best matzoh ball, chicken soup at me!

Offline caito

• The Runners
Re: Best chicken soup with Matzoh Balls recipe?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:15:48 PM »
Why on earth wouldn't you be able to just add in chicken??

I just buy the Maneschevitz matzoh ball mix,  and then boil the matzoh balls in my own chicken soup, which is usually just aromatics, carrots, and chicken broth. 
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Re: Best chicken soup with Matzoh Balls recipe?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
Why on earth wouldn't you be able to just add in chicken??

I just buy the Maneschevitz matzoh ball mix,  and then boil the matzoh balls in my own chicken soup, which is usually just aromatics, carrots, and chicken broth. 
I dunno.. I guess I was just think you need to cook the chicken for longer in the soup... so since the soup mix is already chickeny flavored it might not work right?  I was thinking maybe make the mix and cook the chicken separate in the crock pot and then add it in the end?

+-SUPPORT US