Author Topic: epicurious favorites  (Read 14618 times)

Offline harmony

• Help me, I'm melting....
Re: epicurious favorites
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »
I love epicurious!  This weekend I made;

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Black-Beans-and-Rice-with-Chicken-and-Apple-Salsa-378344

I don't like chicken but need to provide more than veggies and seafood for my DH once in a while, so try to be flexible.  And this was delicious.

Lots of other recipes at home that are favorites. 

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Oh- here's one I forgot. Someone here (teetime maybe?) turned me on to this recipe. I love it- my family does not!!
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spiced-Lentil-Tacos-351390

Okay, just found out a Sunday dinner guest is trying to cut down on meat.  Thinking to try this but what is taco seasoning exactly?  We make tacos sometimes but with seafood usually and just season the seafood with garlic and onion etc.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »
Here's a recipe I've used to make my own...but you can also just use a seasoning packet from the grocery store.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Taco-Seasoning-I/

Ingredients
 1 tablespoon chili powder
 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
 1/2 teaspoon paprika
 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
 1 teaspoon sea salt
 1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
Also- as written the taco recipe is SPICY. You can skip the chipotle if you want it less spicy or use chipotle powder or even smoked paprika instead.

Have I shared this favorite yet? Was just reminded of it by a friend who asked for the recipe. It *is* amazing. Even the mushrooms...and I hate mushrooms. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Risotto-with-Leeks-Shiitake-Mushrooms-and-Truffles-239801

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
Also- as written the taco recipe is SPICY. You can skip the chipotle if you want it less spicy or use chipotle powder or even smoked paprika instead.

Thanks, RA.  We are actually chipotle in adobo fiends but do have a bigger group so I might just add double the sour cream for that amount of adobo.

What does have me worried is the lentils.  Whole foods had everything but brown (in the bulk section anyway).  French, red, green, split red, etc.  I got green.  Will that be okay?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
yeah, that's what we have here too. I think they take a little longer to cook (like 45 minutes total) and they require a little more water. I usually have to add a little more water than it calls for but it's forgiving so you can check it after 30 minutes and see how it's going.

Offline The Turtle Whisperer

• Passed on to another Brane
  • has no fucks to give
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
bump
People put a lot less effort into picking apart evidence that confirms what they already believe.

The money is in the division. Always has been, always will be. Divide and rule, the politician cries; unite and lead, is the watchword of the wise.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
This thread should not die.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
This is a fun thread so I'm just bumping it in case anyone wants to add to it.:)

+-SUPPORT US