Author Topic: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread  (Read 1575413 times)

Offline Ergonomic Mouse

• NTTAWWT
  • Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
I have been hanging at my current weight for about a month now. I still have about 8 - 10 to go.

DH and I booked an impromptu trip to Maui at the end of March so now I am remotivated!!!

I am trying to focus on getting my workout done in the am since I am more successful each day doing that. It is hard to get to the gym after work 
Refocusing on portion sizes and skipping mayo and breads when I can.

My therapist I was seeing over the summer ( regarding my mom etc) told me last summer "if you really want to do...you'd do it". Those words resonate with me a lot now.

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
I must be blind because I only just saw this thread.  I'm happy... actually thrilled... with the WLC results and I will maintain damn it.

Hard abs is my goal and I'm totally up for a specific challenge for that.

I've done 4 miles on the treadmill, 165 push ups, and a 10 minute ab routine.  Food has been OK if you ignore the Doritos lunch.  Oops.

I knew there was a seething beast beneath the calm waters.  -Fionn

Bolloxd is the personification of still waters running deeply. -Gingerbread

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
God I want to go to Maui!
I knew there was a seething beast beneath the calm waters.  -Fionn

Bolloxd is the personification of still waters running deeply. -Gingerbread

Offline VP of Tea

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »
165 push ups? Yowza!  :bow2:

I am no longer participating, but I like reading about y'all's successes and challenges and I'll cheerlead too. Debba, I hope they straighten out the pay check snafu soon!  :fiery:
Www.trailjournals.com/airlockGR5

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

I suggest some thrift shopping for the interim.

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. The thrift store is your best friend in situations like this!

Offline Ergonomic Mouse

• NTTAWWT
  • Behind the Redwood Curtain
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »
I
God I want to go to Maui!
I am super excited!!!! I have never been and we are way over due for a romantical interlude. 

Offline korts

• The Runners
  • Aviatrix
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
Here's another grumble... none of my clothes fit. I feel frumpy all the time because I'm swimming in everything. I'm loath to go out and buy new stuff though- because I'm a long way from my goal. I do have some smaller stuff that's still too small- but nuthin in between. Oh, and I have a bunch of stuff I bought at the end of november that I wore once or twice and it's all huge on me now.  :-\

Tailor!
"Mass shootings are so common that the bodies are always cooling."  ~roadstrailstris, June 2016

"Korts isn't right about much and certainly not about this. She is, however, popular around here." ~Desert Tortoise, July 2009

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Tailor!

Not sure if it's worth it, not if she's still planning on dropping another size or two. Maybe for a few special pieces?

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 06:45:25 PM »
yeah, not really worth it to tailor anything. I'm thinking of it as a very nice donation to someplace. I wonder if there is a career closet or something that would want them.

So, I've been emailing back and forth with the "idiet" staff since the beginning. I emailed the lady yesterday to ask her about crackers and sent her a cheerful update about having lost 10lbs. She emailed me back and said she'd get back to me on the crackers but how much did I weigh and how tall was I? So, I responded and she said "You have the right attitude! They weight just comes off much more slowly for us shorter women. Slow and steady wins the race."

I think she meant it as encouragement but now I'm al pissed off knowing that 10lbs in 6 weeks is "slow".  :(

Now i'm wondering if I should got back to a very strict phase one for a couple of days.

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
10 pounds in 6 weeks is not slow!  That's a healthy pace. 

Tonight as I was preparing dinner, I grabbed a few crackers and without thinking put them in my mouth.  Before biting down, I remembered that I'm off grains.   I spat 'em out and tossed them in the trash.  It wouldn't have killed me to eat a few crackers, but I know me.  I wouldn't have stopped at a few. 

#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
I would be over the moon with 10 in 6 weeks! You also have to remember how heavy a lot of the people are much heavier than you and lose faster.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline VP of Tea

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
RA, 10 lb in 6 weeks is not slow, it's just not Biggest Loser territory, but who cares. Bottom line is, you are losing the weight in a responsible manner, and you're not feeling deprived while you're doing it!

:hug: anyway.
Www.trailjournals.com/airlockGR5

Belgian Lace

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2012, 07:45:46 PM »
MiniD, you kick ass.

For real.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Michelle

• Incredibly Obsessive Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
First way to go everyone!  Mini in the photo you posted the other day you looked great.  I want that to be me.

I am ready to do this.  Are there any kind of rules?  Will someone be my Jillian?  What am I getting myself into?

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
First way to go everyone!  Mini in the photo you posted the other day you looked great.  I want that to be me.

I am ready to do this.  Are there any kind of rules?  Will someone be my Jillian?  What am I getting myself into?
Awesome, Michelle! I think this is just a support/check in thread, the weight loss challenge is over.

And Mini, did i miss the picture???????

Offline Lanarkshire with an L

• When last seen zhe was crossing the event horizon
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
MiniD, you kick ass.

For real.

1! I totally would have chewed them up and enjoyed them! (And then immediately felt guilty!)

I think I need to do something a little drastic, too. Maybe no "white" stuff for a bit? (White bread, rice, pasta...) I really don't eat TOO much of that, but maybe it will kick something into gear. I think no grains would not be healthy for me since I'm veg.

I really want to do an ab challenge as I posted last night in cherie's thread! Push ups really help. I just need to get back into the habit. The Jillian video had some good ab spurts in it that made such a difference in my abs when I was doing it regularly. I need to start there.

Has anyone seen her new 90 program? I guess it's her take on P90X, but no weird equipment needed (beyond weights) and the workouts are only 30 mins or so? I am soooooo tempted!
You are a genius! ~cherietree

We have a bus and we're not afraid to use it. ~Sarcastic Fringehead

www.usamarathonlist.com
www.marathonrunnersdiary.com

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 08:11:03 PM »
Awesome, Michelle! I think this is just a support/check in thread, the weight loss challenge is over.

And Mini, did i miss the picture???????

pg. 1 I think! Or wait- in yesterday's final wlc thread?

www.usamarathonlist.com

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
1! I totally would have chewed them up and enjoyed them! (And then immediately felt guilty!)

I think I need to do something a little drastic, too. Maybe no "white" stuff for a bit? (White bread, rice, pasta...) I really don't eat TOO much of that, but maybe it will kick something into gear. I think no grains would not be healthy for me since I'm veg.

I really want to do an ab challenge as I posted last night in cherie's thread! Push ups really help. I just need to get back into the habit. The Jillian video had some good ab spurts in it that made such a difference in my abs when I was doing it regularly. I need to start there.

Has anyone seen her new 90 program? I guess it's her take on P90X, but no weird equipment needed (beyond weights) and the workouts are only 30 mins or so? I am soooooo tempted!

Do it and report back.  I'm a little leery. 

Yes, Meri my pic was in page 1 of the WLC final thread. 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Why are you leery? Just don't think it's long enough to get a good workout? Or do you think it's hype since it's Jillian?

I must admit that I thought her 30 day shred was going to be a piece of cake since I already run and workout. I was mistaken! Those are only about 25 mins. long.

www.usamarathonlist.com

+-SUPPORT US