Author Topic: Immersion Blenders  (Read 3044 times)

Offline redkitty

• Passed on to another Brane
Immersion Blenders
« on: August 07, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »
I'm thinking of getting an immersion blender. What do I need to look for with one? I am mostly thinking about making soup. I admit that for the most part i don't know if I will have a huge need for one, though I have skipped over some recipes when it called for one.

I am guessing I will mostly make tomato soup with all of my garden tomatoes.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Immersion Blenders
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 05:28:20 PM »
I'm thinking of getting an immersion blender. What do I need to look for with one? I am mostly thinking about making soup. I admit that for the most part i don't know if I will have a huge need for one, though I have skipped over some recipes when it called for one.

I am guessing I will mostly make tomato soup with all of my garden tomatoes.
I like my whisk attachment because it is easier than pulling out the stand mixer for something quick and/or small (whipped coffee whips up in seconds with it!).
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:40:38 PM »
Get one that has an all metal mixing end. The first one I had was partly plastic (the blender blade was metal obviously, but the housing/safety guard was plastic). I left it in a pot for a minute and the plastic melted. I guess it was touching the bottom.

Offline redkitty

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
I bought some Cuisinart a little bit ago. I am sure it will be fine. It was $60. i didn't want to spend a ton of money but did not trust the random brands that Amazon offered.

Offline witchypoo

• The Runners
  • benign librarian overlord
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »
we bought a spendy kitchenaid one because i was sick and tired of the cheapies with their plastic interfaces (which invariably crack - rendering the entire appliance useless - after a few years' use).

Offline caribougrrl

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »
mine is stainless steel and was not expensive... I think I bought it on sale for $29... can't recall the brand but might be Oster? anyway, I've had it for YEARS, we use it a few times a week (smoothies, soups, mayonnaise, the mini processor attachment for chopping nuts, etc.)

I don't ever use the whisk attachment.  I am not sure why.

+-SUPPORT US