Author Topic: Spaghetti Squash?  (Read 4153 times)

Offline nadra24

• The Runners
  • Quacker's Boss
Spaghetti Squash?
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »
So I made meatballs again tonight, and got a spaghetti squash to eat with them.  I have quite a lot of spaghetti squash left over, and while I'll happily eat it for one or maybe two more meals this week with the meatballs and marinara, I'll still have a couple more servings left over.  How do you like to eat your spaghetti squash?  I'm considering something asian-inspired like a stir-fry with sesame "noodles" but would love some other ideas.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Spaghetti Squash?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:16 AM »
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »
I like this one. I make it differently though. I make the patties, skip the egg in the middle and serve with marinara and parm. Which is kind of what you've already been doing.

http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2011/12/rosemary-spaghetti-squash-egg-nests.html

This came up in my search for the recipe above, and I'd give it a shot too-sounds super: http://popularpaleo.com/2013/03/19/rosemary-lemon-spaghetti-squash/

Offline caribougrrl

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 07:08:28 AM »
I sometimes make a quick pan sauce with olive oil, garlic, shallot, tomato, sweet pepper, hot pepper, black olives and toss that with spaghetti squash... maybe crumble some feta on it

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »
I like it by itself with just a little butter and salt and pepper. I never really got into using it as pasta...it is delicious as just a vegetable on its own.

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
I had some tonight with puttanesca sauce and olives.

+-SUPPORT US