Author Topic: Argh  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
Argh
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:22:30 PM »
I placed a food order yesterday for a lunch today for the entire lab because we are doing an interview. They call me right now saying they cannot deliver today. Now it is too late to order elsewhere. Gah...I hate people!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Argh
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »
What?! That's insane! It's only 9:30- you should still be able to do pizza or maybe even a sub place.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
Well I could find a pizza place but nobody is open until the middle of our meeting and I can't exactly run out to order and it has to be delivered because nobody has a car. I compromised with them and they are delivering an hour early. Cold food is better than no food, I suppose.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »
I meant to post this in yammering. Oops.

At least it is food related.

Offline onawhim

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »
That sucks.  Here we can order online for a later time even if the restaurant is not open yet. 
Because PANTS

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:26 PM »
Do you have grubhub in your area?  I sometimes order from my phone on the way home, and the delivery guy meets me at the door. 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
Do you have grubhub in your area?  I sometimes order from my phone on the way home, and the delivery guy meets me at the door. 

Never heard of it but I have a meeting in 5 minutes that I cannot leave once it starts.

And I have 13 people to feed and all their food preferences to deal with which is why I ordered ahead of time.

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »
Isn't that the faculty assistant's problem?
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »

Most cities have at least one business that basically delivers for a pile of food places.  (I.e. their business isn't making food, but delivering food made by others).  Even my city has one.  Although the last one before it failed...  It's something to look up for the future, maybe.  It doesn't help today.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Isn't that the faculty assistant's problem?

Who?

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:26:01 PM »

I'd never heard of grubhub!  But I just checked it out and found a place that we've never tried that looks good! 

Offline Natasha

• The Runners
    • Pisces Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
--O.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Most cities have at least one business that basically delivers for a pile of food places.  (I.e. their business isn't making food, but delivering food made by others).  Even my city has one.  Although the last one before it failed...  It's something to look up for the future, maybe.  It doesn't help today.

Did you look at the grubhub site? I had never heard of it and had similar thoughts- but this one actually seems like it could have legs. They don't charge you for delivery, and the restaurants that do charge seem to charge a reasonable amount. In the past those other places were kind of a pain and the fee was too high. I am pretty sure I'll try out grubhub because it looks like it's basically like ordering a pizza- but I can order from over 100 restaurants near me. Yay!

Offline rocketgirl

• The Runners
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 04:35:25 PM »
Did you look at the grubhub site? I had never heard of it and had similar thoughts- but this one actually seems like it could have legs. They don't charge you for delivery, and the restaurants that do charge seem to charge a reasonable amount. In the past those other places were kind of a pain and the fee was too high. I am pretty sure I'll try out grubhub because it looks like it's basically like ordering a pizza- but I can order from over 100 restaurants near me. Yay!

I can order from 1 restaurant near me via grubhub.
Ellen stole my joy and I want it back!

+-SUPPORT US