Author Topic: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?  (Read 24321 times)

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
Re: Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
I would try cutting out the juice for a few days and see if you return to normal.

Also, have you switched anything else up, like medication, lately? I took some alergy medicine (zyrtec maybe?) in the fall that turned me into a bottomless pit overnight. I was starving and had zero self control... like to the point it was a little scary because I couldn't stop myself from eating even though I was physically full. Anyway... something else to think about.

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »
I would try cutting out the juice for a few days and see if you return to normal.

Also, have you switched anything else up, like medication, lately? I took some alergy medicine (zyrtec maybe?) in the fall that turned me into a bottomless pit overnight. I was starving and had zero self control... like to the point it was a little scary because I couldn't stop myself from eating even though I was physically full. Anyway... something else to think about.

No new medication. It's been since before the juice. I feel like it's been since I started incorporating weights in my workout. I'm hoping my body just gets used to it. I guess I'll just try increasing the protein and cutting out the juice.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 04:53:17 PM »
Do you eat something right after you workout? I've found that since I started eating a snack immediately after working out, I don't end up as hungry. Within 15 minutes of being done is best.

Offline all-smiles

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »
Breakfast was an omelet with ham and veggies and lots of hot sauce!
Snack was about 15 smoked almonds
Lunch was 1.5 grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs and roasted broccoli with 5 bites of peach pie 0:)
Aft snack is a Fuji apple with almond butter with sea salt

Dinner plan is three baby portobellos stuffed with sausage spinanch and peppers
Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don't you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain't any real difference between triplets and a insurrection.
- Mark Twain

Offline LizardMixture

• NTTAWWT
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
Do you eat something right after you workout? I've found that since I started eating a snack immediately after working out, I don't end up as hungry. Within 15 minutes of being done is best.

Not right away.... I work out in the evening so I just make dinner after, but I'm actually not that hungry by then (as I've been eating all damn day!) I usually get really hungry between lunch and dinner. I've been trying to increase my protein intake- it seems like if I don't have mostly protein, some starch and some veggies I might as well have lunch #2.

Ok so since I keep derailing the thread:

Breakfast #1: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Veggie/fruit juice
Breakfast #2: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Coffee
Lunch: pasta w/chicken, asparagus, tomatoes. water
Snack: nut bar. water
Dinner: will be chicken enchiladas, salad
snack: couple pieces of chocolate.

I guess 5 meals is kinda normal if you're working out pretty consistently. It's just annoying to eat and then start getting hungry around an hour later. And forget having just a salad for lunch which is what I feel I should be eating.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
I can't do salad for lunch. For dinner,yes, but not for lunch.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »
Not right away.... I work out in the evening so I just make dinner after, but I'm actually not that hungry by then (as I've been eating all damn day!) I usually get really hungry between lunch and dinner. I've been trying to increase my protein intake- it seems like if I don't have mostly protein, some starch and some veggies I might as well have lunch #2.

Ok so since I keep derailing the thread:

Breakfast #1: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Veggie/fruit juice
Breakfast #2: Chex wheat cereal, soymilk, protein powder. Coffee
Lunch: pasta w/chicken, asparagus, tomatoes. water
Snack: nut bar. water
Dinner: will be chicken enchiladas, salad
snack: couple pieces of chocolate.

I guess 5 meals is kinda normal if you're working out pretty consistently. It's just annoying to eat and then start getting hungry around an hour later. And forget having just a salad for lunch which is what I feel I should be eating.

I eat 8 meals.. of course a "meal" could be an apple..

In that course I took a few months ago at work, called energy for life..There was a nutritionist who said to eat every 3-4 hours... and, if your body is fueling properly and your metabolism is working right you should get hungry in about 2.5-3 hours... She basically said you should be able to tell time by your hunger...

Look at it this way, your metabolism is like  camp fire.. you need to keep putting kindling on/in it to keep going and functioning properly.

Offline Suesquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »
I ate badly today.

:-[

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 09:25:02 PM »
I eat 8 meals.. of course a "meal" could be an apple..

In that course I took a few months ago at work, called energy for life..There was a nutritionist who said to eat every 3-4 hours... and, if your body is fueling properly and your metabolism is working right you should get hungry in about 2.5-3 hours... She basically said you should be able to tell time by your hunger...

Look at it this way, your metabolism is like  camp fire.. you need to keep putting kindling on/in it to keep going and functioning properly.

Nancy Clark told me the same thing basically.  She said when you're fueling properly you get hungry about every 4 hours.   And that if you completely satisfy your hunger with your meal, you are less likely to graze/snack/constantly think about food/overeat later on.
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline cgraz

• The Runners
  • Invisible since 2001.
Food Log Thread: What are you eating today?
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
I ate badly today.

:-[

Today is over. Tomorrow is an opportunity to eat good stuff that makes you feel better.
This space for rent.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
Today is over. Tomorrow is an opportunity to eat good stuff that makes you feel better.

:)
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
Yeah,  so I'm reading this thread with a bowl of chips.   You would think it would motivate me not to have more... but it ain't.   Ima gonna have more.

I learned long ago this doesnt  work for me,  but I hope it helps you sue. :hug:

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
So far today:
tofu scramble
2 oz OJ (to take my liquid vitamins in, cannot stomach them straight up :D )
1 tea, nothing added

Sick with a cold so long run nixed and I walked on the TM for quite awhile, 5-6 miles. (my TM is not calibrated properly).

1 pink lady apple post workout.
2 bottles of water.

Lunch-- big bowl of hot and sour soup
chickpea salad
1 bottle water
apple

tahini carrot salad with tofu, sunflower seeds and raisins
apple

most likely a repeat, just packed my food for the day.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
Same as yesterday, but I had a second breakfast of Grapenuts and almond milk. 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Got my 4 miles + yoga in yesterday
Yesterday's calories ended up right at 1600.

Protein bar for breakfast
.5 cup apple sauce and 1 cup 2% greek yogurt for snack #1
Veggie soup and a cheese sandwhich for lunch.
I have an apple and an orange for later... need some protein to go with though, and out of almonds. Might track down a couple of hb eggs.
Probably eat a lara bar before my run later
Dinner will likely be the same as last night: .5-1cup ea of the following: chana masala, eggplant curry, tj's superfood pilaf (quinoa, sweet potato, kale), 2% yogurt

Tonight would normall be a rest day or cross, and tomorrow my mid-week long. But, I have a board meeting tomorrow night so contemplating doing my long run and maybe my cross tonight. We'll see. Not sure if I have time. So, probably 5-7 mi and maybe barre.

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »
I don't think I'd keep up with posting here but I did just join myfitnesspal and put in a friend request for RA, Meri and MOS.  Anyone else on that site?
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
Carson is on there as carson runs, also blue magnolia as blue maggie and a few others. You can look at my friends list and should be able to "friend" them from there.

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
d- you have to make your food log viewable by friends... unless you don't want to, of course. :P It defaults to being private though.

Offline Courtney

• The Runners
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
I don't think I'd keep up with posting here but I did just join myfitnesspal and put in a friend request for RA, Meri and MOS.  Anyone else on that site?

wyrillco :)

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »

You need to make you food dairy visible to friends!

+-SUPPORT US