Author Topic: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread  (Read 1578104 times)

Offline Schrödinger’s Bat

• The Runners
Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »
I was down 1.5 from the weigh in this morning.  I am really done trying to lose but the combo of yesterday's run and TOM that forces my digestive system to clean itself really makes my abs look great.  Even if I've got cramps and acne.

I was also in the dentist's chair this morning at 8:30 am, without coffee or breakfast, and I'm only now getting the feeling back in my mouth as Novocaine wears off.

I've got some pasta bake leftovers that needs to be eaten today, and a chicken to be roasted and used for lunches.  Even allowing myself the ability to eat more isn't making a difference, I find myself still wanting to be careful of what I eat.  I guess it's a good habit.

I'm also planning to indulge next week with birthday cake for the kids. 

Did you ever get your DH to take a photo?

Offline The Alia Statement

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2012, 12:58:15 PM »
As of this morning, I am down almost 20 since Thanksgiving.

This morning, I woke up and took the hill on a four mile route before I was even awake. 

That is all.

Offline MiniDriver

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
As of this morning, I am down almost 20 since Thanksgiving.

This morning, I woke up and took the hill on a four mile route before I was even awake. 

That is all.

That's pretty darned impressive!! 
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »
 :bow2: Amazing!

Offline debbatx

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:50 PM »
That's awesome, Alia!
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Good job Alia!

I am down about 1/2lb, sigh. Maybe a little more. I have a dial scale. I am trying to be patient, and a loss is a loss, but I feel like it should be more with the deficits i am throwing almost every day :( the good news is my exercise routine is getting back on track and my eating is doing really well, as long as i am content with eating big bowls of ruffage :D I have no upper body strength and did 4 pushups this morning. it was very difficult and i probably did not get very low, but i did them, and then i did 20 girlie ones. that is HUGE for me. I just hate feeling so frustrated with my body. I posted in the I Diet thread that after two weeks i lost no weight (not the i diet, but eating 1350 cals/day) and then the next week i lost about 3, so it did catch up. I am down about 4-5 lbs total, in a little over a month, so that is good. Just so frustrated that my starting point is so much higher than i ever should have let it get. The fall was so stressful for me, that i just have to thank my lucky stars i made it thru alive. things are still stressful, but different stress.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Did you ever get your DH to take a photo?

I had to do it myself, but still feel a little self-conscious about photos of me.  I'll man up and post it in the final results thread once Ellen works up the totals.

Alia - that is great!
I knew there was a seething beast beneath the calm waters.  -Fionn

Bolloxd is the personification of still waters running deeply. -Gingerbread

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
I did some hula-hooping earlier.  That was fun. 

My novocaine has worn off, and it feels like I've been kicked in the mouth by a cow.  I should have eaten when it was numb because now it hurts too much.  Also, Rachel woke up from her nap with a fever so we are both a little grumpy.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
I just bought DD a hula hoop because she was smitten with them in her preschool yoga and it is quite fun. I should do it more often :)
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Bolloxd

• The Runners
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
Yep, I say I bought them for D & R but it really was for me.  I use both of them at the same time, they have water inside and makes them heavy, so it makes it more of an effort.

I'm trying to build up energy to fix dinner.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
yes, this one had water in it too!

Offline seattlegirl

• The Runners
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
I'm sick of veggies and salads.  I want cheese and chips and cake and crap.   >:(

I also want to look and feel good, so here goes another serving of green beans.

Offline Ergonomic Mouse

• NTTAWWT
  • Behind the Redwood Curtain
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »
I am seriously thinking about doing a HIIT class offered at my gym Tues and Thursday ams (9 at 630  :yikes: ). It is a 4 week class. I think it would be great to whip my flab into shape for Maui in March, but I have some trepidation about my shoulder...and of course dropping dead after the first 10 minutes. The instructor is my old personal trainer and she said she can set up each class with alternatives in mind for my shoulder limitations.

It might be just what I need in addition to running...but I am no spring chicken any more.

(*still not swimming becssue my ear is still not quite right)

Any thoughts...has anyone here tried HIIT??

Online VP of Tea

• The Runners
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »
I don't know what HIIT is, but if the instructor knows you and your limitations and says she can accomodate, I'd say go for it!
Www.trailjournals.com/airlockGR5

Offline debbatx

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »
I have no idea... wait, High Intensity Interval Training? If that's what it is, I've heard good things, but have never tried it, myself.

Good news - I apparently have a live check waiting for me upstairs at the cashier's office. Whew. I just wish they'd TOLD ME.
"The moral of this story, Jamers, is time goes poof, so don't let anyone mess with what time you have." - RioG

Offline TwistedFlax

• The Runners
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »
My spin instructor took is through a HIIT workout once.  I mostly thought it was boring because being "on" so often meant I couldn't let my mind wander.

Offline harmony

• Help me, I'm melting....
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
Happy Friday!  Is this thread going to be the thread or a new one each day?  4 good miles this morning.  Cleaning, groceries, then work all afternoon.  Yogurt, a spinach smoothie for lunch and salad for dinner.   :lambie:

Offline Ergonomic Mouse

• NTTAWWT
  • Behind the Redwood Curtain
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
Yes it is high intensity interval training. It is a 30 minute class and it is supposed to be ...well intense!  I am a little afraid it might he too much for me.

Offline MiniDriver

Re: Re: Perpetual Healthy Eating and Fitness Rant & Rave thread
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »
I'm sick of veggies and salads.  I want cheese and chips and cake and crap.   >:(

I also want to look and feel good, so here goes another serving of green beans.

You and me both, sistah.  I wasn't hungry for most of January.  For the last few days I've been starving and craving goodies.

I am yet again violating my no grains policy and eating sushi.  So worth it.  I'll take whatever bump up the scale gives me tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:18:36 PM by MiniDriver »
#minidriverisagenius

Shut up mini. Just because google changed it, doesn't mean in elementary school, we got it wrong.

She's an awful, awful human being.

I tend to trust Mini on these issues
Mini is so smart!

Offline Run Amok

• The Runners
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
I used to belong to a gym that was all about HIIT. I think it was a precursor to the crossfit craze- that gym is now a crossfit style gym. Anyway- I liked it and got very strong doing it. It was a small gym and classes were small- usually 4-8 people with 1-2 trainers. So, you got a lot of very personal attention (it was a lot like personal training, but much less expensive) and they would give people alternatives for certain muscle groups and help you choose the right weight level, etc.

The downside is that the first week or two are very, well, intense and you think you're going to die. Which means, if you miss any classes, you are starting back with the thinking you are going to die part. Which, to me is a recipe for stopping. I end up building mental resistance to anything that's super difficult and I end up talking myself out of going because I'm just too exhausted to do it.

Does that make sense? So, what I'm saying is that yes, it's amazing, you'll love the way your body looks. But, you have to commit to it 100%. I know that level of excercise intensity just isn't in the cards for me right now- so I look for lower impact/lower commitment things. YMMV.

+-SUPPORT US