Author Topic: Tom-free thread  (Read 19196 times)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
Re: Tom-free thread
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Inspired by a colleague, I think I may offer mini stress treatments on Election Day!
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:29 PM »
My election anxiety is out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline diablita

• The Runners
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
I wasn't nervous at all about running 26.2 on little training.  This?  It has me uber nervous.
"Some things you just need to do for yourself, even if it means nicking your nads."  --nneJ

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:17 PM »
I was not nervous, but the past few days the anxiety over it has ramped up. Part of me is hoping it is just the news trying to get good ratings, but then who knows. Who knows who will actually come out and vote on election day, that is the hard part, so few people actually vote vs eligible voters, it is a crap shoot.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline RioG

• The Runners
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:49 PM »
you guys, it is UNPOSSIBLE that he will win.  UNPOSSIBLE.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »
I really cannot imagine that that many people are like, omg some more emails, Imma gonna vote Trump instead. REALLY!???!?!

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 07:44:03 PM »
I really feel like I can't live in this country if he becomes president.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 07:48:34 PM »
I need to stop reading the news & looking at twitter but I can't. 6 more days...

"Libs are all pro-choice until it comes to something important like trash service."

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »
I cannot wrap my head around the fact that he could become president. I have not from the first day of his candidacy all those many months and months ago. I am also shocked at how he has not lost his shit in a while. We are lucky he has not been this composed the whole time, i am hoping it is too little too late. He is a disgrace to our nation and it would ruin our country. I cannot imagine what will happen to the stock market if he is elected.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »
I need to stop reading the news & looking at twitter but I can't. 6 more days...

Will my liver make it??

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 07:55:46 PM »
I actually promised myself I wouldn't drink on weeknights this week because I feel like over the past couple of weeks I've been having a drink or 2 almost every night to relax but I think it was making me feel worse during the day. So tonight I just totally ate too much and binged on gummy candies.

Offline caito

• The Runners
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
(I am also PMSing)

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
I might need to take a media break until the election. I don't know if I'm capable of that, but all this prognostication is stressing me out.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 08:50:47 PM »
In 2008 I took a radio break because I was going insane right before the election, but now, I dunno, I feel like I need to listen to the radio ALL THE TIME. Thank goodness I do not watch tv, I could not handle the ads.

Offline roadstrailstris

• The Runners
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 08:57:51 PM »
I'm avoiding polls right now because I just can't handle it. There have been politicians I haven't liked before (GW, Romney),but no one I was so deeply afraid of having in charge of our country.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
I'm avoiding polls right now because I just can't handle it. There have been politicians I haven't liked before (GW, Romney),but no one I was so deeply afraid of having in charge of our country.
Agreed! Shit! If Romney was on the ballot, I could see myself voting for him in THIS election.

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »
I just read the whole thread waiting to see if you would end up baking Tom in a cake? (How is this food?)

I just had to completely disengage recently. I can't look at 538 anymore and it doesn't seem worthwhile given how little faith the probability theorists have in their own ability to estimate the probabilities. I've voted and don't know anybody voting for Trump to try and talk to ... what else is left to do?

(I am bummed my dh just confirmed his work trip for next Tuesday. I really am going to turn myself inside out watching returns alone.)

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »
Be glad you do not live in my town.  :'( All Trump fans. OUTSIDE of my town is different, but it is hard for me to remember that when everywhere i turn is a Trump sign. A handful of my very liberal friends are voting Stein or Johnson, the rest Clinton. If I have any friends voting Trump, they can no longer consider me their friend. Those are not my ethics, morals or ideals and I do not want to be friends with anyone who shares beliefs with Trump.

Offline BonitaApplebum

• Alpha Food Geek
Tom-free thread
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »
Here, read this and distract yourselves.

Wolf Head crotch underwear "make man looks sexy and wild"

Offline teetime

• The Runners
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 10:26:17 PM »
My dh just came home and I greeted him with this wolf underwear. Many thanks :)

+-SUPPORT US