Author Topic: When you think you are having a bad day  (Read 2196 times)

Offline SnarlyMarly

• I Can't now, I'm Busy Posting
When you think you are having a bad day
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
***HIT BY SUV WHEN RUNNING***

LIVE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT REGRETS! DO CRAZY STUFF! FIND ADVEVTURES! APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS! STAY HUMBLE! BE GRATEFUL! DON’T LEAVE ANGRY! LOVE HARD, CHASE DREAMS, SET BIG GOALS! BE HAPPY! ALWAYS SAY I LOVE YOU WHEN YOU WALK OUT THE DOOR! TRUST GOD! KEEP FAITH! 

Today I finally Settled to get back my Life!
(Update on my FB Blog from May 23, 2017)
Pics 12 hours after being body slammed by SUV & 12 months later ... the Body is Resilient

...When You see the reflection of Your Face in the Windshield of a Vehicle that just Hit You and You wonder ... Am I Alive? ...
On May 23 I was hit by an SUV while Running across the crosswalk on a Green Light. I’m always cautious and looked both ways but she came quickly out of no where. After I regained my wit My first thought was "Shit, I had 45 min between jobs for a Run and 2:35 minutes into the run I'm done!" She ran a red light and hit me about 25mph, my elbow moved and damaged her side mirror, my knees took a blow from her bumper, and my body ended up half on the hood, leg and arm hanging over the side, I saw my own reflection in her windshield... She immediately yelled at me had me crying, the lady in the local flower shop saw and heard the sound of my body on the hood, was scared for me. At first I didn't feel a thing my adrenaline was maxed. I told her I needed to call the police she got angry and said "it's not like I hit you on purpose!"
I had to walk to the gas station till the police came to avoid her harassment. She drove off but had took pictures of her, the mirror, her vehicle and plates. My knees started hurting and my head throbbing. I'm a sensitive person, at the time her yelling hurt me more than my injuries.
I jogged home sat on the couch in shock then got up and went for a Run to return home still in shock.
The next day I was a complete mess and after visits to urgent care, ER, doctors the next day... the adrenaline crash left me puking, with a fever and weak.
I was told I had 2 torn meniscus, torn medial lateral tendon, both hamstrings were strained, knees hyperextended, elbow popped out, torn rotator, concusion, whiplash, pelvis was shifted and possible fractures, ribs popped out of place and possibly fractured, several vertebrae out of place. The worst part was hearing "you may never run competitive again and if you do you'll never be at the same level." I listened quietly to all the injuries but THAT I cried about.
I knew I should feel Blessed to be Alive and actually felt guilty for being angry that I felt my Gift had been stolen by one person’s carelessness. Being Angry would do me more harm than good so I handed it to God. I would rather be the one who got hit than the one who hurt someone else. That would hurt more so I was Grateful.
I had a rough summer, fall, year, emotionally as my running/ working out is my outlet... Financially, emotionally and physically it took its toll. I was told not to work and stay off my feet but as a single mom owning my own business I didn’t have a choice. I never gave up, I stubbornly found a way to work with taping and ace bandages on my knees and found creative ways to workout even if it meant working on grip strength while sitting on the couch icing and elevating knees. Or doing cardio outside rowing on a total gym. The biggest thing is that because of my faith and my belief in God and Miracles I always had Hope, and wouldn't let go of my Dreams.
The stress of the accident to my body and emotional well being affected my immune system, so my pre cancer got worse and had to have surgery in mid September. My Lyme continued to Flare due to stress and lack of sleep. I could not take anything for Pain and the topical anti inflammatory gave me severe breathing attack and hives. My body was under so much stress I got Mono. Then had some other unfortunate allergic reactions. Believe it or not I was out for a short run and got attacked by the bat with multiple bites and scratches. I had to get rabies shots and 43 pokes around each bite...
On a Less Serious note no one wanted to hang out with me because I might be jinxed 🤣
I'm 1 year 8months post accident, it's been a freaking Ride! I finally stopped cringing when I run my Thursday Speed work and cross the same intersection, I refuse to let fear change me so I won't change my route, I'll face that fight each time I cross till I've won. I am back at my Passions but not at the same level I was. I have learned to have patience with myself. My Desire to set a Pr is astronomical and I've found Myself setting Higher Goals, Bigger Dreams, Trying New things, Diving into Adventure, And truly Living Like Tomorrow is not Promissed!
The man that witnessed said he saw the whole scene and thought I was going to end up under her tire, so I go back to seeing my reflection and realizing I was dang Lucky. My guardian angel works a lot of Overtime!😇
I spent countless hours at the Chapel crying out for Endurance and I experienced miracles worth more than Gold! I didn’t have the knee surgeries suggested and my first run was laps around the chapel grounds!! My stronghold was God through it all! 🙏
I'm Blessed to be ALIVE N KICKEN!! 😜
I didn’t get a Big Settlement, but they finally agreed to cover my Lost Business wages, My Lost Income as a Paid Athlete, and my Medical  Bills so the tiny bit extra will just help me recover the debt and part of my Life I lost to all the physical therapy appointments, chiropractor visits, doc visit, legal appointments and fighting my own case. The kids missing out on their fun active mom as she dealt and my loss of my abilities are priceless. Yes I did try an attorney he got offered less than I got fighting on my own.
The affects of an accident can’t be recovered especially emotionally. Yup I admit I hid in the bathroom to cry and mourn but I always walked out Grateful with a smile ❤️
I’m so Happy this financial battle is over!!! I’m so ready to move on!!!
I’m blessed I had kids who patiently helped me soooo much and did without! Friends who helped! Thank you to those who selflessly did so much!
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE TODAY IS YOUR LAST! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Offline SnarlyMarly

Re: When you think you are having a bad day
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 11:47:28 AM »
To clarify.   Not me

Pull it off Facebook.

Offline nadra's babydaddy

• The Runners
  • Official CH Trainwreck Historian
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:22 AM »
Her writing makes me want to stab my eyes out, but that's a frustrating ordeal.  If someone hits me under those circumstances and then yells at me, they'll be in a lot worse physical shape than I'm in by the end of it. 

Offline SnarlyMarly

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 12:52:59 PM »
Lost wages as a paid athlete😏
Does being bit by a bat multiple times make you batshit crazy?

+-SUPPORT US