Forum > Food

Holiday cookies

(1/5) > >>

CrazyEye:
What are your traditional holiday cookies? 

I always like to make what we called "cyclops"... the Hershey kiss peanut butter cookies with the softer cookie part than traditional peanut butter cookies.  I never liked how hard the Hershey kiss was in comparison with the cookie.  But I think I just figured out the perfect solution: use a French chocolate truffle instead!  Or, half of one to get the ratio of chocolate to cookie right.  I'm so excited about this idea!!  I'm going to try it for our dessert competition at work on Thursday.  I'll report back.

BonitaApplebum:
Peanut butter and hershey kiss cookies are pretty much my favorite ones! But, I also like spice cookies. My MIL had a great German recipe (pfeffernusse) we like that involves black pepper. They are super good.

CheryG:
I'm into molded cookies, so....

Coconut springerle (Santa on a horse mold)
Flaxseed Spekulatius (My antique horse mold)
Orange shortbread (Antique butter molds, pineapple and wheat)

I have a ton of regular type cookies saved on my Pinterest page to try. But... I kind of don't want to be eating too much sugar right now, so I'll probably save experimenting for next year. 

diablita:
We don't have a specific recipe we make but we were invited to a cookie exchange party on Sunday so DD and I made these:

https://smittenkitchen.com/2006/08/punishment-sandwiches/

Perfect sables.  They turned out delicious.  Cooling on the rack now and DD will decorate over the next couple days.

Magic Microbe:
My mom used to make those but used chocolate stars instead of kisses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version