Author Topic: NBA draft  (Read 36557 times)

siamesedream

Re: NBA draft
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2017, 05:21:44 PM »
Joel Embiid was seen dancing at a concert, Philly sports fans are outraged because he's supposed to be injured.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-Joel-Embiid-Im-not-healthy.html

The comments section provides much humor.

ZiggyStardust

NBA draft
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »
Joel Embiid was seen dancing at a concert, Philly sports fans are outraged because he's supposed to be injured.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Sixers-Joel-Embiid-Im-not-healthy.html

The comments section provides much humor.
Prolly all Raptors fans... :eyeroll:
(Embiid was dancing at a Meek Mills concert; Meek Mills had a much-publicized feud with Drake a year or two ago. Drake is "brand ambassador" or something to the Raptors... :D)

...let's hope Embiid doesn't just turn out to be another brittle big man.

siamesedream

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2017, 12:35:03 AM »
Prolly all Raptors fans... :eyeroll:
(Embiid was dancing at a Meek Mills concert; Meek Mills had a much-publicized feud with Drake a year or two ago. Drake is "brand ambassador" or something to the Raptors... :D)

...let's hope Embiid doesn't just turn out to be another brittle big man.
[/b]

Gawd, no.

I was at a bar/restaurant and the Portland game was on one of the TVs the night he was injured, I knew right away it wasn't good, and I spent the rest of the meal worrying about the extent of the injury. :D

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
[/b]

Gawd, no.

I was at a bar/restaurant and the Portland game was on one of the TVs the night he was injured, I knew right away it wasn't good, and I spent the rest of the meal worrying about the extent of the injury. :D

Unfortunately that's why he dropped to 3 in his draft.  His injury history.

I would have taken the chance too.  BTW, I was hoping he would drop to 6 so the Celtics would take him.  We ended up with Marcus Smart, who I believe they are very happy with, but Embiid has the potential to be a Hall of Famer if he can get himself healthy.  He is impressive to watch.  He patrols the point and protects the rim like DeAndre Jordan, and in addition can fire up 3s from the outside.  Love the athletic big man.  Admittedly a Celtics fan, but I want him to make it.  Awesome player to watch if he's healthy.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Unfortunately that's why he dropped to 3 in his draft.  His injury history.

I would have taken the chance too.  BTW, I was hoping he would drop to 6 so the Celtics would take him.  We ended up with Marcus Smart, who I believe they are very happy with, but Embiid has the potential to be a Hall of Famer if he can get himself healthy.  He is impressive to watch.  He patrols the point and protects the rim like DeAndre Jordan, and in addition can fire up 3s from the outside.  Love the athletic big man.  Admittedly a Celtics fan, but I want him to make it.  Awesome player to watch if he's healthy.

--buzz

Embiid could be amazing, even if he only has a 5 year career. I think the 76ers org has handled the Simmons injury pretty badly, They won't give any kind of timeline for when he will return. Bryan Colangelo needs to be a bit more forthright with the media on stuff like this.

siamesedream

siamesedream

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »
I feel rage

I feel beautiful beautiful rage!

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 11:08:10 PM »
Celtics get #1 pick!!!

Without tanking!!

:rockon:

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:40 AM »
Celtics get #1 pick!!!

Without tanking!!

:rockon:

--buzz

Boo ha ha!

I was thinking about you tonight. Fultz is the pick. Let the Lakers deal with Lonzo Ball and his Carl Lindros-like dad. Much respect to Mister Hinkie for his vision, he fleeced Sacramento good.  A good night for the Celties and a decent one for the 76ers.

Domo arigato, Sacramento.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:21:51 AM by siamesedream »

siamesedream

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2017, 01:46:34 PM »
76ers trading with the Celts to get Fultz?

I like Fultz as a player, but let's not give away the farm to get him.

I found this tidbit fascinating: "Oddly enough Boston has Jackson, Fox, Monk, Ball and Tatum but not Fultz in their draft night "Who will be the Pick?" advertisement picture"*

Source: some guy on the webz.*

I think the 76ers can stay at 3 and still get a good player in Josh Jackson or Lonzo Ball, Colangelo might get fleeced if he makes this trade.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:50:33 PM by siamesedream »

siamesedream

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
Deal done. The 76ers didn't give up too much, IMO. I was worried they might. As silly as it sounds, this really is a win-win trade for both teams. Fultz and IT may not have fit together well and the Celts have various options at number 3. The Celts could use the picks to engineer a trade too.

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »
Deal done. The 76ers didn't give up too much, IMO. I was worried they might. As silly as it sounds, this really is a win-win trade for both teams. Fultz and IT may not have fit together well and the Celts have various options at number 3. The Celts could use the picks to engineer a trade too.

I'm not sad about the trade.  I'd be happy to get Josh Jackson at 3.  I'm sure the Lakers take Ball at 2.  I hope.

--buzz

Offline buzzy

• The Runners
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2017, 11:16:42 AM »
Or Jason Tatum if the Lakers take Jackson.

Can you imagine Ball slipping to 4???

Could happen, but I doubt it.

--buzz

siamesedream

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »

--buzz

I'd go Jackson, if he falls to 3. He has hops and a huge upside. He's also a feisty competitor, he hates to lose.  I don't know much about Tatum. My impression is that he's kind of in the Oakafor mold: not athletic, but a polished scorer.

Ball could be there at 3, but I don't think the Celts want him.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:28:48 PM by siamesedream »

siamesedream

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »

--buzz

The Lakers traded Russel, I think they are going to take Fox or Ball.... or Jackson! After the 76ers, this thing is difficult to predict. I almost think that the Celts will trade back if Jackson is not there. Or maybe the Celts will trade for an established NBA player.

1. Fultz
2. Fox
3. Jackson, or trade.
4. Tatum
5  Ball

siamesedream

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »

--buzz

I heard Josh Jackson cancelled his pre-draft workout with the Celts and Ainge got pissed. You have to wonder about Jackson's intelligence.

I'm a little surprised that the Celtics didn't make make a trade, I'm sure they tried. I don't think the trade with Sixers was a bad move for the Celts. Tatum might turn out to be really good and the Celtics already have Isaiah Thomas, so Fultz wasn't the best fit. 

ZiggyStardust

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 08:39:48 PM »
Lonzo Ball will get the Lakers back competitive with golden state in a few years (especially if bron goes to LA).

siamesedream

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Lonzo Ball will get the Lakers back competitive with golden state in a few years (especially if bron goes to LA).

I'm not sure how well his game will translate to the NBA, I think he'll struggle to create his own shots because he doesn't have great speed or moves. He's the best pure passer in the draft though, and if he has LeBron....he'll pile up the assists.

siamesedream

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2017, 10:54:54 PM »

The NBA is rigged, I'm still not sure about professional wressillin though.

siamesedream

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »

+-SUPPORT US