Author Topic: Do you stay for awards?  (Read 4587 times)

Offline Fast Eddie

• The Runners
Re: Do you stay for awards?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 11:56:03 PM »
It's a rarity that I win an award, unless it's a small race and I might then end up on the podium, but small races don't go deep into age group either.  So I will stay to soak up some glory.  Usually not too many people around when they get to the 50-60 AG. 
Live, learn, have amazing sex, and move on!!  :D - floridagal

Offline Arrojo

• The Runners
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 09:34:07 AM »
It's a rarity that I win an award, unless it's a small race and I might then end up on the podium, but small races don't go deep into age group either.  So I will stay to soak up some glory.  Usually not too many people around when they get to the 50-60 AG. 

I do the awards presentation for our running club’s signature race the Busa bushwhack trail race (two races in one - a 5.3 mile and 10 mile race) in October, the 5.3 mile version of which I usually run as well. In honor of Rich Busa (he turns 90) and me (now 60), I start with the oldest age groups first, and work my way down to the youngest. Everyone sticks around.  :)
I would get drunk on Bud Light with Dylan Mulvaney.

Offline Coyote Mas Loco

• I really have a life. It's around here someplace....
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 10:25:19 AM »
I asked because I knew I won an award Saturday but I left anyway. I felt pretty guilty. I do this semi-often and feel even worse when they call days later and are like "you can come pick up your award."

I once left before the awards of a race I won overall.

Posted on mobile

I got burned once, won a race and skipped the awards. They had a big gift table, and my friend who was 3rd or so got like a nice vest worth over $100 and in the mail I got a left over prize worth $8 or $10. Must be present to collect your prize! And a bit like SnarlyMarly's friend, mine sort of rubbed it in.
I'll stick to running, thank you.

Offline CheryG

• Passed on to another Brane
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 08:56:39 AM »
It depends on how long I have to wait.  It's been a long whike since I've had an AG win, so that hasn't been an issue.  Again it would probably depend on how long I had to wait, what the prize was and what else I had to do that day.

A race I did last year held the raffle draw during the race and handed the prizes to the winning runners (coffee) as they crossed the finish line.  I LOVED that!

+-SUPPORT US