Author Topic: Hoka Kailua Comp  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Honey Badger

• The Runners
Hoka Kailua Comp
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:17:17 AM »
I ordered these a few months ago at a deep discount.  Just tried them out today.
I've been running on Brooks Glycerins for the past 4 months or so and love them.

At first the Hokas felt nice and cushy, but pretty quickly all I could feel was that the balls of my feet were burning hot.  They fit length-wise, but I wonder if the bend at the ball of my foot was a bit off.  Initially I felt the heel part on my Achilles tendon, but this wasn't a problem. Overall, except for the heat, they were OK comfort-wise, but I prefer the Glycerins.

I'll have to try the Hokas when it's cooler and/or with different socks.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
Re: Hoka Kailua Comp
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
Did you order them on line without trying them? They seem to be all the rage but I hear good and bad.. I too am a glycerin wearer, but I was told recently I need something with me heel.. I just got a new pair of glycerins but will prob wait.. Was recommended maybe saucony

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
Did you order them on line without trying them? They seem to be all the rage

Where I live, we have no idea about running fashions; so few runners here. I can only dream about a club and running partners other than DH.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:22 AM »

Where I live, we have no idea about running fashions; so few runners here. I can only dream about a club and running partners other than DH.
Where are you? I've mainly been running with my daughter lately.. Not sure what that has to do with shoes other than what I see people wearing?

Offline Honey Badger

• The Runners
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
Did you order them on line without trying them? They seem to be all the rage but I hear good and bad.. I too am a glycerin wearer, but I was told recently I need something with me heel.. I just got a new pair of glycerins but will prob wait.. Was recommended maybe saucony
I did and I forget from where. I read a lot of good reviews at the time. They were inexpensive enough marked down that I figured I could wear them as knock-arounds at worst.
I'll alternate them for running, but wouldn't buy again.
The hot feet thing was just strange, though.

Oh, and I have never run anything but solo.  No idea if it would be good or bad for me.  I'm used to running alone and don't mind it at all.  I have a difficult time imagining running with someone.

Offline Mom of Scooby

• The Runners
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »

Where are you? I've mainly been running with my daughter lately.. Not sure what that has to do with shoes other than what I see people wearing?
Running with others is good and bad... It's hard to find people compatible pace wise but definitely good motivation for long runs... Finding a good running partner is probably as hard as finding a good significant other

Offline Ice Cream

• The Runners
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »

I have no idea what is all the rage, because there are so few runners here. That is what I meant.  Western Mass/Upstate NY area, very rural.

Offline merigayle

• The Runners
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
I have been wearing the Hoka Bondi Bs for over three years, took about 50 miles to get used to them initially. I tied Altras recently and my foot hit funny and they just weren't for me. The next one I my try is the Sketchers GO Ultra.
Fionn mac Cumhail :Meri will rise from the casket and beat you...and then run one last Badwater before burying herself.

Offline Magic Microbe

• The Runners
  • Californiaing Arizona since 2018
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
Some shoes give me hot spots under the ball of my foot. If I keep running after the burning starts I get one hell of a blister.

+-SUPPORT US